Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slacker will not always play the song you request. It has limits on how many times a song can be played within a specific time limit. If the counter is exceeded, it will pick a song that it thinks similar.

If you want to be guaranteed to play a specific song (if in the catalog), you would need slacker plus.

As long as the car is displaying the correct song on the dash, it is probably decoding your speech correctly.
Slacker played absolutely nothing when I requested a song. It parsed my speech and returned no results on the search. Tesla provides a Slacker Plus subscription with the car. Once I logged in with an account that still had an active Plus subscription, everything started working properly again.

You are correct that there's a cool down on requesting the same song. I haven't tried upgrading to a Premium account to see if that cool down is removed or not.

I can only assume that the Slacker Plus subscription expired on the account my car was logged into. Without knowing the password, there's no way to know for sure and it wasn't the account that Tesla seemed to think I should be using.

Slacker played absolutely nothing when I requested a song. It parsed my speech and returned no results on the search. Tesla provides a Slacker Plus subscription with the car. Once I logged in with an account that still had an active Plus subscription, everything started working properly again.

You are correct that there's a cool down on requesting the same song. I haven't tried upgrading to a Premium account to see if that cool down is removed or not.

I can only assume that the Slacker Plus subscription expired on the account my car was logged into. Without knowing the password, there's no way to know for sure and it wasn't the account that Tesla seemed to think I should be using.
Interesting! Thanks for the additional detail. Many don't understand the cooling off period for slacker.

Glad it's resolved.

Slacker will not always play the song you request. It has limits on how many times a song can be played within a specific time limit. If the counter is exceeded, it will pick a song that it thinks similar.

If you want to be guaranteed to play a specific song (if in the catalog), you would need slacker plus.

As long as the car is displaying the correct song on the dash, it is probably decoding your speech correctly.

I had slacker plus and it wouldn't play specific songs. Multiple log in/out attempts, finally cancelled my subscription. I wish we had Spotify.

I'm sorry - I was confused. It is the premium tier that is on demand songs. Their web page sucks. there is no clear listing of the different tiers and their features. At least nothing I can find.
Yeah, you can search for a specific song on Slacker and start a station from that song, but in order to play the specific song you need a Premium account.

The Tesla definitely includes a Plus account, since you can log in with your cars credentials and see the active subscription. Logging into Slacker over the web with my Tesla account, I can't get it to play a specific song on demand, so it must be something specific to the Tesla software that allows that feature, albeit with a cool down.

Reactions: Xtek