Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I did an API call (thanks to the great video @Akrion) to check out what the car is reporting for its state. It looks like the car is reporting the sunroof is in an "unknown" state. It also looks like something has changed on Tesla's end and they have significantly cut the number of parameters you get back on the API call for vehicle state (including uncorked status). See below for the response I got on my car.

Hopefully this is a bug and they'll fix it soon.

"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "standby",
"autopark_state_v2": "standby",
"autopark_style": "standard",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_version": "2017.46.8 50d6145",
"center_display_state": 0,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,
"ft": 0,
"homelink_nearby": true,
"last_autopark_error": "no_error",
"locked": true,
"notifications_supported": true,
"odometer": 7592.954591,
"parsed_calendar_supported": true,
"pf": 0,
"pr": 0,
"remote_start": false,
"remote_start_supported": true,
"rt": 0,
"sun_roof_percent_open": 0,
"sun_roof_state": "unknown",
"timestamp": 1511643374297,
"valet_mode": false,
"vehicle_name": "Stela"

The sunroof vent issue that began with the latest FW update has been fixed with the latest iOS update. However the controls are still not available on third party apps like Remote S because of the API change.

Interesting that the new iOS Tesla app update requires .46. Wonder if there is a way to parlay this into getting the .46 update. “Hey my app requires the car get new FW”. Does the whole app fail, or does the app behavior adjust to the version?

New iOS update out for the Tesla app that removed the 30 minute time limit on preconditioning but requires .46 for it to work. View attachment 264092

Android app also got this update today.
Fixed sunroof issue and removed the 30 minute time limit on preconditioning.
App version 3.2.2

Is this the calm before a 17.48 storm?

That's what I've been wondering. We're already into week 49, and I'm still on .42. This is the longest I've gone between updates.... I was averaging every 2-3 weeks before. The longest was 4 weeks, and now I'm on 5 weeks.

I feel like they have something big up their sleeve.... It's been pretty calm, so I'm thinking perhaps 8.2 may be released, or even a 9.0. It's just overdue at this point.

Technically a lot of things were due in December 2016 if Tesla's announcements are considered: AP1 automatic navigation off-ramp, new browser, 4 camera Enhanced Autopilot and, well, the real "8.1" instead of the "fake" one we got. FSD differentiating features were due in April-July 2017. And of course there is the case of missing AP2 auto-wipers.

New iOS update out for the Tesla app that removed the 30 minute time limit on preconditioning but requires .46 for it to work. View attachment 264092

Looks like another service center visit is coming. My S85D routinely received updates but my 100D has only received one natural Firmware update. Every other update has required a service center visit. Getting quite annoying!!!

Here's a direct source

Thank you for sharing the video. Here's another direct source. :)
Musk.jpg

Every other update has required a service center visit. Getting quite annoying!!!

You too! This works: Regularly hand wash and wax the car, especially the camera zones. Elon likes to test new software with clean cameras. He sees when you are good or bad! Well, cleaning is at least therapeutic.

Be sure to enable data collection. (controls, Settings, Safety and Security) That makes him happy too.

• Funny
Reactions: GaryW
You too! This works: Regularly hand wash and wax the car, especially the camera zones. Elon likes to test new software with clean cameras. He sees when you are good or bad! Well, cleaning is at least therapeutic.

Be sure to enable data collection. (controls, Settings, Safety and Security) That makes him happy too.

My car remains spotless and the windshield is cleaned daily. The only time it doesn't look "better than" showroom clean is the occasional rainy Georgia day. As for data collection...it's been enabled the day that firmware option was added. I think I ran my mouth a little too much about being let down by Elon's never-ending proclamations soooo many times that I have been relegated to some kind of banned list. Sadly if that's true it just gives me one more thing to complain about. :confused::mad: