Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy on CNBC (don't know his name) says that demand is stalling, and that the Bolt is outselling the Model S (?!).

If this is even true (seems based on insideEVs monthly sales numbers, which of course are estimates, US-only, and always lower in the first month of a quarter), I wonder why a car with ASP ~40k might outsell a car with ASP ~90k? Gee I just can't figure it out.

I knew Tesla would get into auto insurance. Makes a lot of sense considering the lower chance of accidents in a Tesla vs. existing insurance companies' desire to continue making fat profits (and not lower premiums that much).

Continues to show how Tesla is willing to disrupt any number of businesses. What other auto manufacturer offers insurance policies on its own cars?

I knew Tesla would get into auto insurance. Makes a lot of sense considering the lower chance of accidents in a Tesla vs. existing insurance companies' desire to continue making fat profits (and not lower premiums that much).

Continues to show how Tesla is willing to disrupt any number of businesses. What other auto manufacturer offers insurance policies on its own cars?

Volvo has been doing this for ages.

That said, I like how Tesla could just take the profit from under the nose of all these middle men: dealers, mechanics, insurers, fuel suppliers, software providers, chip manufacturers, battery makers. It seems their motto is "if it can be taken in house we'll take it in house". Tesla Inc. will be an absolute behemoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.