Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BIG updates today.....

most importantly, you no longer need to be a detective to zoom in and out while "guesstimating" where a Supercharger will be built.

Find Us | Tesla

Nice! That is one ambitious list of new SC locations. I count at least 20 additional sites for New England, about doubling the current capacity. Let the speculation begin on the exact locations and construction dates!

Thanks so much for the heads up on this one !!! Would be great if all the ones in gray would happen this year but thinking that is quite optimistic !!!! They are so specific too. Thanks Tesla for doing this, even if the SC will not be exactly in that town.

I'm a bit skeptical, it shows one "coming soon" to Hamilton, NJ where there is an existing SC.

they do that in a few places.

maybe they've outgrown the current site, and they're moving to these expanded SC sites in some locations?

Nice find! Poor neglected North Dakota gets 5, and Arkansas gets 6.

West Hartford, too

One place they are already doing this is Milford, CT. The rest stop on the North side has 2, the rest stop on the South side has 2. They are now building an additional 14 off of exit 39 at the mall.

What I find especially interesting is the apparent major policy shift. The announcement overtly recognizes that some people will use the Supercharger network for local charging as opposed to long distance travel. So apparently no more philosophy that Superchargers are only for long distance away from your local area.

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla
What I find especially interesting is the apparent major policy shift. The announcement overtly recognizes that some people will use the Supercharger network for local charging as opposed to long distance travel. So apparently no more philosophy that Superchargers are only for long distance away from your local area.

Probably because now they will be charging for kWh, so maybe they won't be operating SC's at as big a loss in the coming years.