Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 EAP people, should we buy FSD for $2000 before next Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since no one actually answered your question...

Today you will notice nothing. The first time you would get something more than what you have with EAP will be when they release Stop sign/lights recognition or automatic diving on city streets. Maybe Advance Summon as well - I don't remember if EAP people will get Advanced Summon or Basic Summon (what summon is today).

EAP-only gets advanced summon.

It's unclear if they get Nav on AP lane changes without confirmation or not (which is the next most likely new feature to appear since it's already been live in previous early-access test builds) but I don't think they will from the last Troy diagram I saw.

I would love to, but my site is showing AP for $2k and FSD for $3k, and won't let me add the latter without the former (despite the fact that I already have EAP).

Don’t let that stop you! That happened to my account too. For some reason EAP never showed up as having been originally purchased when I bought the car, but the main Tesla system clearly showed I had it on my car.

I went to a SC to have it addressed.

Last edited:
It is so worth it... You'll be totally hardware competent with no added costs. You'll get the new computer with full FSD down the road... Your Tesla will be complete... I would jump on it but
i'm one of the early ones who paid everything up front... I still would have done it as I love the car and ALL its capabilities, they just keep getting better... Never have I had cars that get better with time... NEVER...

Reactions: FlyErik
I ordered a model 3 and now in the waiting for a VIN process. I opted for the autopilot, but not for the FSD features. Will I still be locked in for the autopilot price before it goes up Monday? Also with the trial period for the FSD when I receive the car can I still get the lower $5K if I buy it before the trial ends or will I be paying the $7K?

I ordered a model 3 and now in the waiting for a VIN process. I opted for the autopilot, but not for the FSD features. Will I still be locked in for the autopilot price before it goes up Monday? Also with the trial period for the FSD when I receive the car can I still get the lower $5K if I buy it before the trial ends or will I be paying the $7K?

If these past few weeks have taught us anything, there are no guarantees with Tesla. It's been a whirlwind on pricing-- first, the repackaging o AP and FSD, followed by the price cuts, then the significant discounts for those who already had a Tesla but didn't purchase either package, then the slight price cut for those who had EAP but didn't have FSD, then Elon tweeting how they never should have discounted AP/FSD, and now price increases back on Monday.

You can't really anticipate Tesla's next move. I personally can't see it getting any cheaper than it is now, so I pulled the trigger. It was also taking too much space in my head whether or not to do it. I put myself out of my misery, now the credit card can bear the burden ;).

If these past few weeks have taught us anything, there are no guarantees with Tesla. It's been a whirlwind on pricing-- first, the repackaging o AP and FSD, followed by the price cuts, then the significant discounts for those who already had a Tesla but didn't purchase either package, then the slight price cut for those who had EAP but didn't have FSD, then Elon tweeting how they never should have discounted AP/FSD, and now price increases back on Monday.

You can't really anticipate Tesla's next move. I personally can't see it getting any cheaper than it is now, so I pulled the trigger. It was also taking too much space in my head whether or not to do it. I put myself out of my misery, now the credit card can bear the burden ;).

I had the same feeling and just bought it without thinking much further. Although over the air updates hasnt happened yet. Its been 3 days and i am looking forward to use those features!

Now that fsd features are a type of "EAP+" I don't think anyone is getting HW3. Y'all are conflating the OG FSD plan (which included HW3 if needed) and FSD2.0 (EAP+) which have already been demoed on hw2.5.
You're not getting a new graphics card peeps.

Now that fsd features are a type of "EAP+" I don't think anyone is getting HW3. Y'all are conflating the OG FSD plan (which included HW3 if needed) and FSD2.0 (EAP+) which have already been demoed on hw2.5.
You're not getting a new graphics card peeps.

That's weird. Since the CEO of the company repeatedly confirmed, in writing, after the EAP+->FSD change, that we would be.

How do you have info the guy running the company doesn't?

(also, HW3 isn't a "graphics card" and using the term suggests a deep misunderstanding of how any of this stuff works- which makes your info look even....let's politely say....less reliable)

Reactions: FlyErik and Michelx