Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My observations is that the car identifies usb drive and may be recording.

Taking an educated guess, I suggest the primary reason we don't have video recording in HW2.0 is that the board either omitted the licensing and/or the video encoding hardware onboard to create the mp4 files... and was added for HW2.5. If that logic holds, there is hope that the new FSD board will resolve this issue.
See if others agree/disagree?

-TechVP

Taking an educated guess, I suggest the primary reason we don't have video recording in HW2.0 is that the board either omitted the licensing and/or the video encoding hardware onboard to create the mp4 files... and was added for HW2.5. If that logic holds, there is hope that the new FSD board will resolve this issue.
See if others agree/disagree?

-TechVP
Yes the FSD (3.0) computer will give you the dashcam function

• Disagree
Reactions: tommie and spectrum
Can confirm the same as others above. HW2,MCU1 and my Release Notes are the same as the original poster EXCEPT I don’t see the Dashcam or Web Browser sections.

But I do have Sentry Mode, which is a nice surprise. I will try to plug in a USB3 formatted to FAT32 tomorrow but I think rush is right that pulling the drive results in corruption because we can’t pause the Tesla from writing to the USB.

So no web browser improvements on MCU1? No chromium fo us? Making me wonder if now is the time to spring for that upgrade. Anyone know how much it is?

...from Switzerland MX 100D 2017 AP2 MCU1 FSD (still no Navigate on AP, no Browser Update)

I have yesterday enabled SENTRY MODE in the Car (nothing mention to plugin a USB Device).
Today tested to sneaky-peaky on my Car = nothing happend.

Enabled SENTRY MODE on the App = car show the Red Eye in the Car but only makes a silent beep (in the Car I think) and no honk outside.

Would love to have enable/disable/location based a honk if I lock the Car.

Installed last night and used vehicle this morning.

Red light recognition didn't work for me. Also, I had to interrupt twice in my typical local route due to AP taking car hard right. So.....early thoughts: this version is much more buggy than the last one I had.

btw: browser does seem much faster....ESPN loaded very quickly.

Installed last night and used vehicle this morning.

Red light recognition didn't work for me. Also, I had to interrupt twice in my typical local route due to AP taking car hard right. So.....early thoughts: this version is much more buggy than the last one I had.

btw: browser does seem much faster....ESPN loaded very quickly.

Web browser allowing sites to get location broke?

My son installed 2019.12.1 and is having an issue with the web browser where it doesn't allow websites to get your location? Just returning an error.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
It sends the footage to Tesla servers

I see that in the Release Notes too, but how is that any good? There is no way to retrieve the footage from the Tesla servers, nor any indication for how long they keep it accessible.

I tried various USB tests today but they all got corrupted and showed only the 1KB files after a Sentry event. I thought powering off the X from the menu then removing the thumb drive might help, but alas, even that resulted in no usable video files.

Without access to the files, I think this is a good deterrent...but not truly helpful yet. Hopefully a future update enables us to access 3-7 days worth of recordings via our account at Tesla.com. Or better yet, makes the recordings accessible in the Tesla App.

That has absolutely nothing to do with supercharging. 48 amps or 72 amps is AC (home charging) and supercharging is DC. :rolleyes:

The Electrek article says: "The automaker says that it will continue to validate other versions of its vehicles in order for them to also achieve a higher charge rate."
This is correct. Max amps for AC charging hasn’t nothing to do with supercharging (DC). Besides, since late 2018 even 100D’s AC charger was quietly lowered to 48amp only.

Reactions: HookBill and Gen3
I tried various USB tests today but they all got corrupted and showed only the 1KB files after a Sentry event. I thought powering off the X from the menu then removing the thumb drive might help, but alas, even that resulted in no usable video files.

It isn't getting corrupt that is causing you problems, the problem is that AP2.0 doesn't support the Tesla Cam and video saving features of Sentry mode. They just didn't totally disable the feature. (probably assuming nobody would put a properly setup thumb drive in the car when it doesn't have that feature.)