Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.12.7???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.7 just installed on my car (see signature)
Got it pushed by SC this morning, because i was complaining about the WebBrowser not working since the day I got V10.
Webbrowser is still not working, will probably have to bring it in for a deeper check.
They told me forget about the browser working, I’ve given up on Tesla
Car squeaks from the power windows, brakes...17k miles been complaining about a year.
Had computer replaced, steering column, chair rails, window seals, door handle and don’t remember what else

They told me forget about the browser working, I’ve given up on Tesla
Car squeaks from the power windows, brakes...17k miles been complaining about a year.
Had computer replaced, steering column, chair rails, window seals, door handle and don’t remember what else
Sorry to hear your experience. Seems like the cars can vary. My 2014 with almost 87k miles. No squeaks or rattles and all original except the motor and airbag. Even the 12 volt battery is original. Driven daily in the Midwest on some much less than perfect roads. Web browser does work but it is super slow.

Still not just mounting /var/log as tmpfs? I mean reduce the logging if you can obviously to save RAM on MCU1 but I haven't had any issues with just remounting it there so far... AP2.5 with dashcam recording and everything. I may have to apply this one just to see what this "tool" is....

Probably concerned that there is there is no data saved if the car gets in a wreck, catches on fire, etc.

2017 s 100D in south florida.

Me wife is embarrassed to drive it as it sounds like a rust bucket stopping at school to drop off/pickup the kids

anyway didn’t mean to hijack the thread

Have you had the brakes Lubricated yet? This is a documented “problem” because regenerative braking causes brakes to sit unused and they begin to become noisy. Lubrication is a service offered by service center

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
12.7 just installed on my car (see signature)
Got it pushed by SC this morning, because i was complaining about the WebBrowser not working since the day I got V10.
Webbrowser is still not working, will probably have to bring it in for a deeper check.

Update: this morning I tried to connect to the car via the mobile app (to pre-heat) and it couldn't connect. Went down in the garage and my MCU was DEAD! blank screen! IC was OK, I could open and close doors OK, key-fob was working, but I could not drive the car because I have PIN2Drive and the blank screen was preventing me from inserting the PIN.
Called my ranger, he opened a "position" for me with an engineer, and told me to wait for the engineer to call me back.
2 hours later the app suddenly connects to the car. I go down and the MCU is back alive, but extremely slow. After a touch it took anywhere from 5 to 40 seconds before getting a reaction. Inputting the PIN took the best part of 4 minutes, having the radio to play music took another 2 minutes, and removing P2D another 2-3 minutes.
But the car was driving, IC was working OK, and also AP computer was tip-top.
Another hour passes by, and I get the call from the Tesla engineer. He walks me through a number of repeated resets (brake pedal + scroll wheels), and we finally get it working after extracting my USB stick with music and resetting one more time. Now the MCU is again fully responsive and quick as before, but the web browser is still kaputt. The engineer tells me to leave the car, that he will look through my log files and see what he can do.
Another hour, and he calls me back, ask me to try the web browser, and LO and BEHOLD! it works again! I ask him what has he done to make it work again and he tells me that he has: "freed up some space" (SIC!)

So, now I'm on 12.7, everything is working fine with the MCU and I have back my browser!
Thank you TESLA ! your support was quick and straight to the point, with a very no-nonsense approach and a great kindness both from the ranger and from the engineer.

but I could not drive the car because I have PIN2Drive and the blank screen was preventing me from inserting the PIN.

I use P2D as well, and always slightly concerned about what happens if the center screen craps out. I recently read somewhere else that if the app will connect to the car, you can use your phone to start the car without having to put in your pin. This is also useful if you are taking someone somewhere who you don't necessarily want to expose your pin to. You can use the app to start the car so they can't see your pin.

Another hour, and he calls me back, ask me to try the web browser, and LO and BEHOLD! it works again! I ask him what has he done to make it work again and he tells me that he has: "freed up some space" (SIC!)

Just curious, do you still have your GPS/Navigation history and your trip A/B meters or did he reset all of that?

2019.32.12.7 includes a new Tesla tool to reduce logging behind the scenes. Other than that, no significant changes. My guess is that this is in response to failing emmc chips in early mcu units.

Thanks for the insight, very interesting information.

I got also got 2019.32.12.7 last night (AP1, MCU1) and didn't notice anything different but i really haven't tried anything (Full screen/half screen web browser, any changes to AP, Super charger speeds,etc.)

You can use the app to start the car so they can't see your pin.
Thanks! I was not aware of this function, will look into it.

Just curious, do you still have your GPS/Navigation history and your trip A/B meters or did he reset all of that?
Navigation history I always cancel it after completing a trip.
B meter is still untouched since the day I bought the car, ant the totals re still there, no reset (but I took a picture of them before leaving the car in the hands of the engineer, just in case).

I got 2019.32.12.7 (from .3) overnight also. I noticed nothing new after rebooting this morning. Didn’t try the browser and the car was already at 80% SoC so no charging since the update.

Here is how I understand things. Keep in mind I do not have Early Access or any “inside” info. When 2019.36.x.y hits, the Raven cars will get 3 options for Brake Mode: Creep, Roll and Hold. Pre-Ravens will get only Creep and Roll, because Hold requires the permanent magnet front motor for regen to 0 MPH (or km/hr) to work.

Just got this version [2019.32.12.7 b728e1d] on my 2015 AP1 MCU1 car. For the first time in a while the release notes loaded but it was the same as V10 like others stated. Also my browser is working for the first time since I got the car a year ago so maybe they fixed something but will update the post if it stops working again... One bug that I hope this fixes is a glitch when I am listening to spotify as I pull into my garage and wifi connects. That causes the music to stop and a crazy static noise to start playing for some reason...