Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update S/X

MAERSK MONTANA arrives Rotterdam 3 Aug - Did not have any Model S/X onboard. Only parts.
MAERSK IOWA arrives Rotterdam 10 Aug - will know Wednesday if any onboard
MAERSKA IDAHO arrives Rotterdam 17 Aug - Does not have any S/X onboard. 10 Crew had Corona and ship quarrantined June/July
MAERSK NIJMEGAN arrives Rotterdam 22 Aug - Has Departed Houston. Will know in 2 weeks if any onboard.
MAERSK OHIO arrives Rotterdam 24 Aug. Has departed Houston. Will know in 2 weeks if any onboard

Just spoke to a brilliant chap at Tesla who confirmed my car was on the Glovis Captain (as expected). For ref, my delivery date is 3rd sept. If Glovis Captain isn't going to dock at Southampton, I assume the cars will be loaded onto a different ship for Southampton in Zeebrugge?

Many thanks ... I will do (even if it’s a bit of a sad thing to do! )
You're not the only one following and waiting ;)
Is each car individually strapped to the deck?

Also, maybe it’s been asked, but how many levels of cars does a ship like this have?

All RO/RO ships are like large multistory car parks. Nice video here from South Korea.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and M3PScot
GRAND DAHLIA Her position at midday z is shown on the chart below. On time and on track with just under 1300nm to go.
ETA Zeebrugge on Thursday (13th).
A little disappointed however not to find her scheduled into Southampton on the 15th - note to self to keep an eye on this.

GRAND DAHLIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Cleared the canal yesterday and entered an unusually rough Caribbean (waves of about 3.5m) heading for the Windward Passage. Only making 11 Kts at the moment and since 1800z yesterday has averaged just 12.2 kts. This is not good. She is due into Zeebrugge on 21 Aug. Conditions will improve as she approaches the Windward Passage.

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 12.57.40.png

RCC ASIA Still alongside Pier 80 and should complete loading later today. Will depart about this time tomorrow and I am expecting it to be to Zeebrugge. Could be a lot of RHD on this ship. ETA around 1 Sep

GLOVIS STELLA Will move alongside Pier 80 tomorrow night or early Wednesday morning. I don’t expect her to be coming to Europe.

GLOVIS SIGMA Expected at Pier 80 on 17 Aug. I expect her to be coming to Europe. ETA Zeebrugge around 11 Sep.

GLOVIS CLIPPER Still looking good to be a candidate for Pier 80 however I don’t think she is EU bound.

DONINGTON The big one. Probably the final ship of Q3. I would expect her to come to Europe but IMHO needs to be at Zeebrugge before 21 Sep. That means she needs to leave Pier 80 by 31 Aug. Having said all that, I have still to find any supporting evidence to suggest that she is coming to Europe.

Update S/X

MAERSK MONTANA arrives Rotterdam 3 Aug - Did not have any Model S/X onboard. Only parts.
MAERSK IOWA arrives Rotterdam 10 Aug - will know Wednesday if any onboard
MAERSKA IDAHO arrives Rotterdam 17 Aug - Does not have any S/X onboard. 10 Crew had Corona and ship quarrantined June/July
MAERSK NIJMEGAN arrives Rotterdam 22 Aug - Has Departed Houston. Will know in 2 weeks if any onboard.
MAERSK OHIO arrives Rotterdam 24 Aug. Has departed Houston. Will know in 2 weeks if any onboard

I can confirm that Iowa has at least my X on it. The nice man at Tesla told me so.
No delivery date yet though.

GRAND DAHLIA Her position at midday z is shown on the chart below. On time and on track with just under 1300nm to go.
ETA Zeebrugge on Thursday (13th).
A little disappointed however not to find her scheduled into Southampton on the 15th - note to self to keep an eye on this.

View attachment 574470

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Cleared the canal yesterday and entered an unusually rough Caribbean (waves of about 3.5m) heading for the Windward Passage. Only making 11 Kts at the moment and since 1800z yesterday has averaged just 12.2 kts. This is not good. She is due into Zeebrugge on 21 Aug. Conditions will improve as she approaches the Windward Passage.

View attachment 574471

RCC ASIA Still alongside Pier 80 and should complete loading later today. Will depart about this time tomorrow and I am expecting it to be to Zeebrugge. Could be a lot of RHD on this ship. ETA around 1 Sep

GLOVIS STELLA Will move alongside Pier 80 tomorrow night or early Wednesday morning. I don’t expect her to be coming to Europe.

GLOVIS SIGMA Expected at Pier 80 on 17 Aug. I expect her to be coming to Europe. ETA Zeebrugge around 11 Sep.

GLOVIS CLIPPER Still looking good to be a candidate for Pier 80 however I don’t think she is EU bound.

DONINGTON The big one. Probably the final ship of Q3. I would expect her to come to Europe but IMHO needs to be at Zeebrugge before 21 Sep. That means she needs to leave Pier 80 by 31 Aug. Having said all that, I have still to find any supporting evidence to suggest that she is coming to Europe.
Hi Mr M,

I too thought it curious the GD is not on the Southampton port list for arrival on or around 15/8. I found out that the Agent for this ship is a Premiership Ltd based in Newport. They said the GD is not due in Southampton until 29/8...I presume this means that all cars will be unloaded in ZEE and then put on another boat?? Is this a normal exercise? Definitely expected GD was going to dock at Southampton, perhaps the Agent is misinformed?

Reactions: DanAndTheBeard
Hi Mr M,

I too thought it curious the GD is not on the Southampton port list for arrival on or around 15/8. I found out that the Agent for this ship is a Premiership Ltd based in Newport. They said the GD is not due in Southampton until 29/8...I presume this means that all cars will be unloaded in ZEE and then put on another boat?? Is this a normal exercise? Definitely expected GD was going to dock at Southampton, perhaps the Agent is misinformed?

cheers buddy and makes my 1st-4th delivery just about doable.

h

Hi Mr M,

The visit on 29 August is not on charter to Tesla - that is when it's on a scheduled trip to Guatemala and South America.
Should the GRAND DAHLIA not call in to Southampton all the cars will be unloaded in Zeebrugge and loaded on to another vessel.
However, I still half expect her to call at Southampton since she is not in Zeebrugge long enough for a full unload. If she is not going to Southampton, where is she going - Amsterdam? Not showing on the schedule there. Norway?

I have my doubts whether GLOVIS CAPTAIN will call at Southampton. That would be 2 ships in a row.
Unless RCC ASIA is coming direct to Southampton? There were report of lots of RHD M3s at Fremont the other week.