Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla and was connected with a helpful agent in the UK. My X is still stuck in Tilburg and due to a lack of resources they are struggling with deliveries. The shipping route was confirmed by RORO from Rotterdam to Southampton, so at least we know how model X & S' arrive in the UK from Tilburg.

Just called Tesla to check on my MX delivery and spoke to a helpful lady in the Netherlands. Whilst she could not confirm exactly where my car is (and she did say it might be in the UK already), she did tell me it was due at my SC around 2 April. This is in line with what I have previously been told.

Looking at planned movements for Southampton, I can't see any car carriers/RoRo arrivals from Rotterdam, so I'm working on the basis that if my car is not already in the UK, it could be arriving from Zeebrugge on either the Glovis Captain, Glovis Summit or Glovis Supreme. This assumes Tesla use the same shipping line for all its shipments, the information I was told is correct and I have understood it all. Lots of assumptions!!!

I think MS / MX can come via other RoRos ... but @Mr Miserable would be the person to confirm that.

I honestly have no idea of how the Model S/X get to the UK from Tilburg.
Having said that, I don't think they come with Model 3's from Zeebrugge - it's simply not regular enough and I remain unconvinced that they come via Rotterdam to Southampton.
If they are shipped from Zeebrugge to Southampton they will form only a tiny fraction of what is unloaded and so could get unloaded at any berth although I would first look at those that unload in the Western docks as most likely suspects.
Of the current Southampton arrivals that would put the spotlight on DEMETER LEADER and AUTOSTAR.

Just called Tesla to check on my MX delivery and spoke to a helpful lady in the Netherlands. Whilst she could not confirm exactly where my car is (and she did say it might be in the UK already), she did tell me it was due at my SC around 2 April. This is in line with what I have previously been told.

Looking at planned movements for Southampton, I can't see any car carriers/RoRo arrivals from Rotterdam, so I'm working on the basis that if my car is not already in the UK, it could be arriving from Zeebrugge on either the Glovis Captain, Glovis Summit or Glovis Supreme. This assumes Tesla use the same shipping line for all its shipments, the information I was told is correct and I have understood it all. Lots of assumptions!!!

Tesla should be able to tell you the latest location of your vehicle, maybe it's stuck in Tilburg? If it was in the UK, I'm certain they would be arranging delivery with you to ensure their Q1 targets are met. When I called they said the latest update on their system was yesterday (Thursday) and was told to call back Tuesday for an update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200320-211705.png
    Screenshot_20200320-211705.png
    442.1 KB · Views: 50
The Fremont factory may have shutdown (OK it will on Monday) but the ships had been booked.
The 1st ship of Q2 would have been the VIKING CONQUEST on 10 Apr followed by the GLOVIS SPRING a few days later.
I can announce that now in the knowledge that actually they are very unlikely to turn up if no cars will be at Pier 80 to transport......

The Fremont factory may have shutdown (OK it will on Monday) but the ships had been booked.
The 1st ship of Q2 would have been the VIKING CONQUEST on 10 Apr followed by the GLOVIS SPRING a few days later.
I can announce that now in the knowledge that actually they are very unlikely to turn up if no cars will be at Pier 80 to transport......

Apart from Harv3y and his performance one sat supposedly on the dock missing in action from GLOVIS CAPTAIN.