Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s been lots of rumours on Q4 RHD Models 3’s coming from China. Is this clear in shipping routes these last few weeks/days? Any big changes from the usual?
I've heard the rumours too. I'm led to believe that LHD M3s for EU will be the initial priority.
It makes sense for RHD cars to be exported from China to serve Aus/Nz/Japan but I'm not entirely convinced that UK will feature. Shame because I reckon the build quality will be better. If I assume that the Tesla business principle of only shipping if you can deliver in the same quarter is maintained then we shouldn't see anything until next month. If the UK is to feature then I would expect all shipments to be made in October because of the 6 weeks in transit. This will only exacerbate the feast or famine nature of Tesla deliveries and so I hope that it is unlikely for the entire Model 3 range. I'm still a little unsure whether GF2 is producing the entire Model 3 range. I understand that Model Y for Europe will be supplied from China until GF 4 is online.
Additionally, I wonder whether rail transport is viable. It would certainly be faster than by sea but would require a considerable investment in rolling stock unless the cars are shipped in containers. I'm not confident Tilburg is in the right place or scaled to handle such an influx either.
Anyway, I shall be keeping an eye on Shanghai next month but the shipments will be difficult to identify and I think recruiting a dock spy there could be a challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca and Arran
GLOVIS CORONA She arrived at Pier 80 yesterday evening . She will depart around lunchtime today. My guess is she will head to Shanghai.

GRAND CHOICE According to the San Francisco port schedule she was meant to arrive at Pier 80 today however she is actually now enroute back to Korea from Vancouver. That hasn’t stopped the astonishingly unreliable San Francisco Chronicle reporting her arrival and departure which just goes to show that you can’t believe everything you read in the papers.

• Disagree
Reactions: MGrove and ABCTG
I've heard the rumours too. I'm led to believe that LHD M3s for EU will be the initial priority.
It makes sense for RHD cars to be exported from China to serve Aus/Nz/Japan but I'm not entirely convinced that UK will feature. Shame because I reckon the build quality will be better. If I assume that the Tesla business principle of only shipping if you can deliver in the same quarter is maintained then we shouldn't see anything until next month. If the UK is to feature then I would expect all shipments to be made in October because of the 6 weeks in transit. This will only exacerbate the feast or famine nature of Tesla deliveries and so I hope that it is unlikely for the entire Model 3 range. I'm still a little unsure whether GF2 is producing the entire Model 3 range. I understand that Model Y for Europe will be supplied from China until GF 4 is online.
Additionally, I wonder whether rail transport is viable. It would certainly be faster than by sea but would require a considerable investment in rolling stock unless the cars are shipped in containers. I'm not confident Tilburg is in the right place or scaled to handle such an influx either.
Anyway, I shall be keeping an eye on Shanghai next month but the shipments will be difficult to identify and I think recruiting a dock spy there could be a challenge.

Star, thank you. I'll been keeping an eye on this thread to see if there's anything changing. My order is being released mid October, crossing my fingers for it to be shipped from China. But we'll have to see. Thank you for your work!

Thursday for me as well, 2pm in Stockport. The VIN is in my account, but no SMS messages, no phone calls and no licence plate, just 2 or 3 emails in total is the sum of all communication so far.
Thursday delivery for me as well. Never had a single email, call or SMS from them until the delivery date was set, now I get an SMS every day. Got the Reg number txt this afternoon.

Caught 5 Trailers packed with Models 3’s and a few X and S at the A34 services today. Went to have a little peek
C0BBB66A-0F49-4013-AC97-F707A71B6358.jpeg

Thank you as always for the information, MM.

Do you or anyone else happen to know the protocol for adding vehicles to the inventory page? Are they added in transit or upon arrival at a SC? Does anyone know?

I was told they were added when they get shipped and there would be no more added this quarter unless it is a cancellation.

I have ordered mine and currently "November" timelines. I am intrigued if that will bring any changes to it

Reactions: ringi