Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite the suggested delayed arrival in A’dam, the Lydden seems on its way to arrive earlier and in line with the old schedule.
yup
upload_2020-12-16_9-17-41.png

It looks to me that LYDDEN's arrival at Koopman's has actuallly been even further delayed until early hours of Friday morning.
She has dropped anchor about 20nm off Ijmuiden.
Yep, see it too. Lydden now expected to arrive early morning 18th. Curious as we are, wondering why... Maybe trying to avoid cost since cars cannot be offloaded yet? Not enough space until more cars are delivered to eager customers

LYDDEN departed Zeebrugge in the early hours of this morning for Amsterdam.
This time yesterday she was scheduled to arrive there at 0545 this morning, however that later slipped to early tomorrow morning and now her arrival is not expected until early Friday morning.
She is currently waiting at anchor 20nm off the Dutch coast.

GLOVIS SUN is currently about 400nm NW of Cape Finisterre and 500nm SW of Lands End and making 17kts
She is on track to arrive in Zeebrugge on Friday afternoon.
At the moment it looks as though she won’t be leaving Zeebrugge until early Monday morning.
We still don’t know where she will head to after Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

Yesterday I was told that my car was in the UK however..........
Ive just been told that my car (M3P) is in San Francisco awaiting shipping, should arrive UK 28th / 29th.
Due to get further details in around 7 days.
Is that enough to be able to guess which vessel it will be coming over on ? so that I can eagerly follow Mr Miserable's updates.

Yesterday I was told that my car was in the UK however..........
Ive just been told that my car (M3P) is in San Francisco awaiting shipping, should arrive UK 28th / 29th.
Due to get further details in around 7 days.
Is that enough to be able to guess which vessel it will be coming over on ? so that I can eagerly follow Mr Miserable's updates.
If true, unless it's sat on the runway of San Francisco Airport about to board a plane, it's not going to be in the UK this month.

I'd take what you've been told with a pinch of salt and call back another day for a different answer.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
LYDDEN remains at anchor 20nm off the Dutch coast.
She is still not expected to arrive alongside Koopman’s until early tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS SUN is currently about 60nm SW of Lands End and making 17.2 kts
She is on track to arrive in Zeebrugge around lunchtime tomorrow.
At the moment it looks as though she won’t be leaving Zeebrugge until Monday night.
We still don’t know where she will be heading to after Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

I hadn't been following the thread in detail so may have missed, but any word what may have been the cause of Glovis Sun's mid Atlantic pause? Last I recall was another ship and two tugs being in close proximity which made it sound more than just killing a bit of time.

I hadn't been following the thread in detail so may have missed, but any word what may have been the cause of Glovis Sun's mid Atlantic pause? Last I recall was another ship and two tugs being in close proximity which made it sound more than just killing a bit of time.
No I think port congestion is the cause for all the delays this quarter.
GLOVIS CRYSTAL achieved the slowest Pier 80 to Zeebrugge transit since records began (Jan 2019!)
LYDDEN is delayed into Amsterdam, RCC AMSTERDAM was delayed into Southampton and GLOVIS SUN was delayed into Zeebrugge and she may be in line for further delays depending on where she heads to next.
The tugs are like sharks and if they see a ship stationary in the water they will position themselves nearby, just in case ..... 2 ships stationary, well I'm surprised they took so long to get there!

Yes I get a fresh influx of people sitting there waiting and wondering where the hell their Tesla is.
I'm always hopeful that these folk will consider me when they switch their electricity suppliers to Octopus and their gas to SO Energy and use my referrals to save £90 off their energy bill at a stroke. It also would make a helluva contribution to offsetting my satellite subscription costs! I have had a few very nice people do the Octopus thing but nobody yet has done the double! It could be you!

Hey Mr M! Thanks again for your help :) My energy provider has royally shafted me increasing elec and gas by 5p/1p per kwh which puts me way higher than everything else. Seems Agile is now the way forward! But, I can't find your code to help do the double, if indeed it works out good for me, can you DM it maybe please?