Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not wanting to sound condinsending or abrupt etc here, but why is this 'interesting' and relevent for this thread. The poor people of Shanghai are having proper rough time of it and that should be in all our minds here. But then I am struggling to understand how this update specifically impacts the shipping updates of Tesla's and let's be honest our own selfish priorities of getting our luxury cars?

So You don’t think that Wu Wa:s ”post” is relevant to this thread. But you really don’t have a problem with people posting about VIN, specs of their cars, if Tesla washing the cars or not, etc….
I really think my post is 100% relevant to this thread. There is alot non relevant stuff here in this thread though, but mine wasn’t one of them.

undefined
So You don’t think that Wu Wa:s ”post” is relevant to this thread. But you really don’t have a problem with people posting about VIN, specs of their cars, if Tesla washing the cars or not, etc….
I really think my post is 100% relevant to this thread. There is alot non relevant stuff here in this thread though, but mine wasn’t one of them.
I understand and respect the Wu Wa's info @Jonte73, but merely stated a initial reaction as to why you called it 'interesting' and how it impacted shipping of Teslas. That is all and really not wanting any beef bud. if you felt relevent then respect that and agree that there is arguably some other non relevent posts. All good in the trivial world of car delivery 👍

Hope all in Shanghai and affected by the pandemic are doing OK. Given your wisdom and insight Mr M does that mean there might be a bit of hope and excitement on Sunday?
NO!
I just can't look much further out than a couple of days in advance because of the proximity of S Korea from where it is likely any 'Tesla ships' will eminate.

Contain your excitement - nothing has shipped from Shanghai yet and looking ahead to at least Saturday, I can't see anything to get excited about.
I hope you just mean for you lot up in the northern hemisphere.. Still hoping that a few Model 3 (particularly RWDs in red/black/aero) get loaded on the Turandot on Saturday for those of us in the antipodes. I've already had to downgrade from hoping to receive my car by my birthday to hoping to get a VIN by my birthday, not sure how much more disappointment I can handle.

• Funny
Reactions: Wattsisname
I note GLOVIS SPLENDOR is inbound to Shanghai at the weekend.
This is significant because Glovis, like many others, have been cancelling all their scheduled calls to the port and I can't find an itinerary for her.
The ship has also transported Teslas to UK and EU in the past.
I think the ship is worth watching and it will be interesting to see where she actually docks.
There is however a 50% chance that she will return to S Korea - she has form for that too.

I have therefore raised the excitement level from Flacid to Mildly Aroused.

I hope you just mean for you lot up in the northern hemisphere.. Still hoping that a few Model 3 (particularly RWDs in red/black/aero) get loaded on the Turandot on Saturday for those of us in the antipodes. I've already had to downgrade from hoping to receive my car by my birthday to hoping to get a VIN by my birthday, not sure how much more disappointment I can handle.
Stay positive; Christmas will be here in no time.

I am expecting TURANDOT to dock over the weekend and there is a good chance that she could be loading some Teslas for NZ.
I suspect MORNING CLARA will have the biggest shipment to OZ though.

(If the GF is presently configured to producing RHDs there is hope that GLOVIS SPLENDOR could be UK bound but then again I could just be getting carried away with the moment....)

(If the GF is presently configured to producing RHDs there is hope that GLOVIS SPLENDOR could be UK bound but then again I could just be getting carried away with the moment....)
Thats a good point, UK spec and AU/NZ spec as far as I'm aware are the exact same hardware, (RHD, CCS chargeport, no silly US style red indicators) with the exception of the adapters for the UMC, so no reconfig of the line required, and the factory is likely to be running big batches to minimize downtime/manpower requirements for reconfig.

I am expecting TURANDOT to dock over the weekend and there is a good chance that she could be loading some Teslas for NZ.
I suspect MORNING CLARA will have the biggest shipment to OZ though.

Fingers crossed

GLOVIS SPLENDOR route is looking phallic.

Glovis.png

Reactions: DrPhlegm
Another random thought/questions. IF Giga Berlin supplies the UK market in the future, will they still load ships somewhere ultimately (e.g. Germany to Southampton). Probably too early to guess, but was just curious. Any thoughts @Mr Miserable or others whilst the current state of excitement on shipping matters elsewhere remains, well, limp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.