Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RCC E getting tugged in.
491012BF-0EB1-4764-A66A-826B4348141F.jpeg

Wallenius Wilhelmsen site shows the below information for MORNING PEACE.
scheduled to depart on 23rd to Southampton from Shanghai.
We are all aware of that which is why she is singled out in my daily brief however there are some details in that itinerary that would suggest she is not a Tesla vessel. At least, to me. I much prefer RCC EUROPE as being a likely Tesla ship.

We are all aware of that which is why she is singled out in my daily brief however there are some details in that itinerary that would suggest she is not a Tesla vessel. At least, to me. I much prefer RCC EUROPE as being a likely Tesla ship.
Looking at the current production capacity @1200 vehicles per shift, 23rd seems to be a practical date for the next batch to be shipped of about 4.5k vehicles (production for the current week). ‘Morning peace’ seems to be lined up well for that. But yes, will go with your analysis- may be the RCC Europe. Nevertheless, does seem to me that the earlier 2 ships -glovis splendor and theben may not be carrying any RHD vehicles. Guessing the next week shipment will be Uk bound. Only time will tell. One more week wait hopefully.

your 9:00 daily bulletin has taken away my sleep. Never had thought will be researching on ship movements of all the things for Tesla. surely an interesting thing to do and something to cherish when we reflect on all the things we did for Tesla ownership.😀

An update from the orbit, May 18th edition.

Weather forecasts seem to have been correct, we've finally got to see clear satellite images of the factory and the port for the first time since May 8th. Things are not looking pretty, though. Looking at the parking lot by the factory, there seems to be no cars there, maybe just a single row on the bottom. It looks exactly the same as on May 8th, meaning that production may indeed be completely halted.

9BF8D192-457A-445B-B18F-6566F8D5A0CB.jpeg

Looking at the Southern port, we can see RCC Europe moored at the usual spot. What we can't see, however, is the swarm of cars that was there when Glovis Splendor was loading. There are some spots visible with what looks like cars, but it seems like the amount of them is nowhere near what's needed to fill a Tesla ship.
D20ECBF2-EDCB-461A-A496-1820F49E2D5C.jpeg

The next batch of images should be available on May 20th. Maybe that one brings us some more good news 🙁

SORRY. I know this is not directly shipping related but I wanted to catch those waiting for a car in the UK and you all seem to hang out here for some reason and I wanted you to see it....

I started a poll to try to figure out what % of people have had their delivery date pushed back out of Q2. might give us a better idea of how many cars Tesla think they are shipping here, If EDDs are to be believed at all.
The more people who take part the better the picture we will get and its dropped off page one so I am shamelessly plugging it here to get a few more votes :)

Weather forecasts seem to have been correct, we've finally got to see clear satellite images of the factory and the port for the first time since May 8th. Things are not looking pretty, though. Looking at the parking lot by the factory, there seems to be no cars there, maybe just a single row on the bottom. It looks exactly the same as on May 8th, meaning that production may indeed be completely halted.

View attachment 805701

Looking at the Southern port, we can see RCC Europe moored at the usual spot. What we can't see, however, is the swarm of cars that was there when Glovis Splendor was loading. There are some spots visible with what looks like cars, but it seems like the amount of them is nowhere near what's needed to fill a Tesla ship.
View attachment 805703

The next batch of images should be available on May 20th. Maybe that one brings us some more good news 🙁
Do we know exactly when these images are from? As there's currently two vessels on that pier but you satellite image only show one?

The Tian Jian arrived at midday on the 18th

1652859384876.png

View attachment 805701

View attachment 805703

That is odd as RCC Europe consistently had ships moored next to her. Anji 32 and then Tian Jian. Unless it caught it at the exact moment they swapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.