Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being able to control the wipers with the scroll wheel is great, was a major reason i was thinking of getting the S3XY Buttons but maybe won't bother now. Also just found out that holding the scroll wheel to the left moves straight from auto to off rather than having to keep pressing it.
Btw, how do you control the wipers with scroll wheel? Is that after pressing the stalk to bring up the wipers option? - as the new update does not have wiper control option!

Had the random wiping of a dry screen this morning and was disappointed to discover that you can't seem to use the left/right scroll wheel to toggle straight from Auto to Off with one click to the right, you have to use 4 clicks to the left to cycle Auto > III > II > I > Off

I did a 400 mile round trip to Exeter from London today. Autopilot behaved very well with no phantom braking (haven't had that for ages) and only a couple of dry windscreen wipes.

What was great was when the motorway went from 4 to 3 lanes it coped perfectly with it. Until recently that would make the steering wheel tug all over the place.

Reactions: Dilly
I'm on 2023.12.1.1. I have loads of phantom braking, aborted lane changes, erratic behaviour.

Odd - same version, and i think its smoother, and more civil,
I haven't extensively tested it tho - no road trips and my M3P is wife's daily. She's generally scared of the EAP, and rarely engages it
Different roads, weather, time of day, traffic conditions, and expectations result in different results.

I don't believe there has been any change in AP since late 2019 when it was adapted to UNECE regulations, and the developers moved on to build FSD Beta. It doesn't make sense to suggest developers are making tiny incremental changes in each SW revision that add up to nothing over years.

Reactions: MrT3 and kelvin 660
Everytime you retrain a model, be that wipers, headlights, lane keep or anything else where they use AI/NN/ML there will be differences. Its like pushing a balloon into a box, just as you squeeze the one bit thats poking out into the box, another bit at random pokes out somewhere else. Over time you might get better at pushing all the bits into the box, but something, almost at random, that worked before will stop working the same way. Its a massive headache for them but it is one of the core facets of this type of technology. The fact you can't really understand why it knows what to do other than you've shown it a million times and its built some complex matrices of data and vector graphs and [insert high end mathematical words), you don't know why or when it doesn't.

*.5 has the smoothest AP pull away from stationary when following a car that I've seen since before they turned off the radar.

Much nicer to use in traffic without getting whiplash.

I think there has been some tuning on the acceleration profile, and I could almost be convinced they tweaked the Chill throttle map to have a bit more punch at the top end.

*.5 has the smoothest AP pull away from stationary when following a car that I've seen since before they turned off the radar.

Much nicer to use in traffic without getting whiplash.

I think there has been some tuning on the acceleration profile, and I could almost be convinced they tweaked the Chill throttle map to have a bit more punch at the top end.
Im on 12.1.1 - this is my experience too. More fluent acceleration from stand still, and definitely less violent / more gradual braking into a traffic situation from highway speed ( as if the cameras are now looking further ahead)