Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too had the "park assist unavailable" after installing 2032.6.9. Once I pulled out of the garage and then out into an open area on the driveway, the park assist began giving me readings. Generally seemed to work but totally ignored 24" brick wall between garage doors as I approached the garage door. It would have let me drive right into the brick wall if my line of driving was as much as 12" overlapping the wall. Not near as good as my M3 uss system but will be patient to watch for improvements.

Reactions: glovelace
Was able to play with 6.9 today. In general "eye balling" distances seems to be more accurate that the vision system. However, better to have it than not. The positive is that it seems to error on the conservative side, so I'm inspecting after every stop to get an average error distance. Should help with curb rash.

Do you think there's been a problem in the rollout for this version? Seems to have been coming out very slowly for a release that doesn't really change anything other than add in a 'brand new' feature (by which I mean there's not much scope for regression).

1679924981351.png
1679925001112.png

It is telling you that you have the latest software FOR YOUR CAR. Tesla decides what versions are available for each car. What is on a different car is moot.

I have definitely had the software page identify new versions available for download. But I usually don't bother, as the car will periodically check for updates on its own.
Can you search manual software by car?

I just got the 2023.6.9 update in my 2023 MYLR today. It was delivered in mid-February and I was disappointed that it didn't come with USS. I had that with my BMW X1 and relied on the sensors. I've only driven once since the update to my MYLR, a quick trip to the grocery store, so the jury is still out on how well it will work for me.
A couple of days in now. It's okay but not great. I'm hoping this is the first iteration and new versions are released soon.

You can bring up the software page in the car and it will check for an available update. Afterward, you must wait 24 hours before the car will check again. In addition, Tesla can push the update to your car, which is how most get it.

The "Advanced" option on the software page does not appear to have any effect on when, you get an update.

You cannot do anything else to request an update.
Screenshot_20230325_140418_Samsung Notes.jpg

For anyone who already got the new update. When did you purchase the car, if you don’t mind me asking. Trying to see if it goes by date of purchase.
1. Is your car connected to Wi-Fi when parked?
2. Is software update preference set to Advanced?

1680036175121.png

1680036197767.png

1680036235698.png

1680036222819.png

Installed this morning and had a little test on my way and back from work.

As others have said, distance to objects is overly cautious but if you accept that and take it as guidance it's okay.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have units in Miles but distance on the park assist in cm? Currently i've got it in Miles and my distance measurement is in inches.

One thing I have noticed which is annoying is in stop / start traffic when creeping, the car constantly thinks i'm going to park, so switches to the top down distance view from the cars in front and gives me wobbly lines all around the car. Then when I set off properly it freaks out and says STOP. Also when looking at the visualisation of the car in front, the parking distance lines that it draws are nowhere near the car on the visualisation which feels odd. The car it renders on the screen is where it thinks the car is, but then it also uses the same info to render a parking distance line to where it thinks the car is, and the two never seem to match.

Definitely it need of refinement, but overall better than nothing at all. I'm hopeful in a few more iterations the wobbly lines will go and it may be more accurate.

Reactions: glovelace
I got the parking assist with 2023.6.9 download for my MYLR. Seems to work generally as a guide but without the precision of the uss on my M3. Seems like when it says 18" clearance to obstacle it could be 8 to 10" off either way. Drove it in the driveway towards the garage and with the car headed directly at the pilar between the two garage doors. The garage doors were open and the pilar was about 12" into the path of the car. The camera system never picked it up. I will be patiently waiting for the system to be more functional before I can rely on it to protect me.

For anyone who already got the new update. When did you purchase the car, if you don’t mind me asking. Trying to see if it goes by date of purchase.
I got my SR3 on Jan 17 and I got the update on Saturday March 26. I kind of assumed they wanted to get this update to the non USS cars first. I’m also in the Dallas Texas area (not sure if that’s a factor).

To be honest, it’s a pretty cool feature but looking forward to it getting better in the near future. I’ve found I can park better just using the camera (got 2 months of experience doing this). It tends to warn me a lot about things that aren’t really that close.. but it’s okay, I kind of enjoy having another number to remind me I’m getting a bit too close. It’s almost laughable sometimes but amazing considering it’s only using cameras!

Reactions: Mullermn and The Le
Good test of Park Assist's handling of the (current) camera's blind spot. The box is a stand-in for, say, a trike.

If you move the box while the car sleeps, is it willing to drive over the box?
AEB didn't stop the car from touching the box in my garage because I was under 3 mph
I have the box there as a guard rail to stop me from hitting the back wall of my garage

1680104594762.png

Reactions: zoomer0056