Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes ZERO sense. Why wouldn't they want them all to qualify for the tax credit?!?
It's possible that they know how many cars they can manufacture in a timely manner based on colors chosen. So, if red happens to be the most expensive, then i imagine it's also the most difficult color to mass produce. Then there's supply and demand. If the demand is there along with supply, then they know they can raise the price to keep up with demand but leave the red out of it.

The highland model I test drove when it was announced couldn't write "Tesla" though, the sales guy at the time said that the new model didn't come with matrix leds.Unsure if that's correct or not
Couldn’t write Tesla? The new Model 3 definitely has full matrix LEDs. Says right on the window sheet that came with mine.

Attachments

• IMG_5202.jpeg
    IMG_5202.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: P-Lo801
Couldn’t write Tesla? The new Model 3 definitely has full matrix LEDs. Says right on the window sheet that came with mine.
It's lower resolution than the old ones. 62 LEDs on the highland

1714210239259.png

1714210332498.png

Hella SSL100 as its name implies is uses 100 LEDs Technology & Products / 10.03.2020 | HELLA. Most of the 100 LEDs were mostly dedicated to the highbeams with the previous design (bottom row was used to set regional differences in beam pattern). Low beams were mostly the reflector portion

Now 100 LEDs is still very low compared to other manufacturers. Porsche uses 16k LEDs for example, and I don't think that's even the highest.

I’ll buy one in December when it’s a 2025 model year and Tesla is giving incentives to move them before the end of the year.

Plus I’ll still get the tax credit before any mineral or sourcing requirements change for calendar year 2025 (not sure if that will affect the Panasonic batteries in this trim or not).

Plus that will be before any potential attempt at repealing the IRA starting Jan 2025.
I wouldn't worry about the IRA getting repealed anytime soon if ever. A lot of things would have to happen to make that possible.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
It's lower resolution than the old ones. 62 LEDs on the highland

View attachment 1042250

View attachment 1042251

Hella SSL100 as its name implies is uses 100 LEDs Technology & Products / 10.03.2020 | HELLA. Most of the 100 LEDs were mostly dedicated to the highbeams with the previous design (bottom row was used to set regional differences in beam pattern). Low beams were mostly the reflector portion

Now 100 LEDs is still very low compared to other manufacturers. Porsche uses 16k LEDs for example, and I don't think that's even the highest.
It’s not lower “resolution” in the highland.

• Disagree
Reactions: jyavenard
I mean there’s literally Tesla documentation above showing it has fewer LEDs and they’re not even dedicated to the high beams like before. It’s absolutely lower “resolution”.
My order used to say May-June for delivery but now says June same thing on the website for new orders. I got my order in just a couple minutes after the website went live too. Anyone still say May-June?

The new headlights are better than the previous ones. If the new ones aren’t dedicated to the high beams then it is better.
I’m making no claims about the headlight performance in terms of Illuminatng the road. But it’s objective fact that there are fewer LEDs being used to cover a broader range of functions. Hence lower resolution and not having the capability of projecting the word Tesla.

From a pure *matrix* point of view (ie selective dimming), the pre highland headlights will be superior.

My order used to say May-June for delivery but now says June same thing on the website for new orders. I got my order in just a couple minutes after the website went live too. Anyone still say May-June?
A ton of the early orders went to “June” delivery today.

I got my confirmation email at 12:24 PM Eastern on 4/23/24 and mine went to June for estimated delivery today. What time did you get your confirmation email?

Reactions: jose3030 and JezzaE