Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 MX Plaid buyback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But nationwide they appear to be forgiving of leases. Nationwide they seem to be shitty with buybacks.

Can you at least acknowledge that it's a potential factor. You've oddly written it off as it's the same thing, which it isn't.I

But nationwide they appear to be forgiving of leases. Nationwide they seem to be shitty with buybacks.

Can you at least acknowledge that it's a potential factor. You've oddly written it off as it's the same thing, which it isn't.
I cannot because I know it was not a factor in my case. I am not even sure where you see that nationwide they are forgiving leases! Before I suggested a buyback for my lease to be "forgiven" I had to pay close to $20k and do an early return. It is called early termination and they calculate how much the car is worth, how much you have paid and the difference is what the early termination cost is. How do I know? Because I checked.

A lease is just another financing vehicle, each payment you make includes cap reduction plus interest (called money factor for leases) and reduces the amount you owe until you reach the residual. Nothing really special about it but for many of us has specific benefits.

I cannot because I know it was not a factor in my case. I am not even sure where you see that nationwide they are forgiving leases! Before I suggested a buyback for my lease to be "forgiven" I had to pay close to $20k and do an early return. It is called early termination and they calculate how much the car is worth, how much you have paid and the difference is what the early termination cost is. How do I know? Because I checked.

A lease is just another financing vehicle, each payment you make includes cap reduction plus interest (called money factor for leases) and reduces the amount you owe until you reach the residual. Nothing really special about it but for many of us has specific benefits.
Yes, they originally quoted me something similar and then waived it...then paid me back money.

Again, you had a lease and they worked with you. Just look up lemon law or buyback on these forums and see how they treat people who own vehicles.

You absolutely cannot rule it out as a factor. It's illogical. There's a possibility that it was just your Service Center, but it could also be because you went from a lease to another lease or like me a lease to a purchase. That's when they said, "Sure, we'll let you out at no cost and give you money back"

Yes, they originally quoted me something similar and then waived it...then paid me back money.

Again, you had a lease and they worked with you. Just look up lemon law or buyback on these forums and see how they treat people who own vehicles.

You absolutely cannot rule it out as a factor. It's illogical. There's a possibility that it was just your Service Center, but it could also be because you went from a lease to another lease or like me a lease to a purchase. That's when they said, "Sure, we'll let you out at no cost and give you money back"
As I said - ok.

Reactions: uscbucsfan
It will 1000% depend on your actual problems, what it will cost Tesla, how you have communicated with them, etc.

Model Y lease in 2022 when you could sell a used Tesla for more than new? Why not, they can make money on flipping it.
Model X in 2023 when they are probably depreciated 40%? Silence.

Requesting a buyback because the doors won't open and you've had it in 5 times? Easy.
Requesting a buyback for a bunch of little issues that don't impact overall drivability? Gonna be a long road.

But again, in WA, I just don't get people that won't fill out a single online form to start an arbitration but will complain on forums about how bad Tesla is.

It will 1000% depend on your actual problems, what it will cost Tesla, how you have communicated with them, etc.

Model Y lease in 2022 when you could sell a used Tesla for more than new? Why not, they can make money on flipping it.
Model X in 2023 when they are probably depreciated 40%? Silence.

Requesting a buyback because the doors won't open and you've had it in 5 times? Easy.
Requesting a buyback for a bunch of little issues that don't impact overall drivability? Gonna be a long road.

But again, in WA, I just don't get people that won't fill out a single online form to start an arbitration but will complain on forums about how bad Tesla is.
Very well said.

My issue was major with engineering involved and my understanding is that it was nothing that had been seen before. Plus have never read something similar happening to anybody here while I was looking in April/May to see if it was common.

Additionally, buyback was not attached to me purchasing/leasing/buying another. I decided to try another one separately and they were able to automate/accommodate the transfer of the credit to the new one. Because I asked...

Like I said, stop asking Tesla. Fill out the WA arbitration request form. The literal attorney general's office in WA will get involved very quickly if they don't respond after that.
I can't imagine someone just sitting around for 161 days with a $100K purchase. OF COURSE TESLA WILL IGNORE YOU. It's in their best interest. Luckily we live in a state with great laws and support around this.
That being said, this only works if you actually meet the requirements for a buyback, which are conveniently listed. If you don't meet those, then same thing.... Why would you expect Tesla to respond to your request for a whole bunch of money from them that they don't owe you?

I mean, I literally took Tesla to court and they never responded. It took a court order to get them to pay up, but then they did right away once that existed.
The WA AG turned out to be useless. They sent a letter to Tesla, and Tesla responded back refusing to work with them, so the AG closed my complaint and said they cannot force Tesla to cooperate, so I am on my own. Insane. My car has now been sitting for 3 months completely dead with some of the windows open (because they opened at some point on their own along with the doors, hatch, and frunk). If it is not resolved soon, I will see which Seattle TV stations want to do a Tesla story....and I doubt that will be difficult.