Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3% Price increase across the board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning on ordering in May, I was happy about the lower prices and I get some buyers last year etc were upset. I was between the LR RWDF and LR AWD white..now I probably am forced to stay with black cause that will add another 2k on price and then if I get white its another 2k on top of that. I was looking at 51K. Now I am looking at like 54k. Sure many will say 3k on a 54k vehicle you won't feel it but it does suck and makes it sound similar to dealers. They should have been more careful and analyze before putting out the prices. Correct thing would have been to just announced the 35k vehicle and a 38,500 SR + and left all others how they were... ALSO AP is now $3k not $2k as it was last week.

Correction: AP was 3k only 2k for previous buyers who hadn't purchased.

Last edited:
I would think its because a bunch of entitled wankers won't stop complaining that the product they already bought got lowered in price so that other people might be able to buy the same vehicle.
It’s called a fire sale when a car costs $30,000 to build and it is sold for $35,000. Those of us who love Tesla want them to survive and want them to make a profit while trimming some fat, but not all of it. It’s called a family intervention.

2vraw8.gif

I would think its because a bunch of entitled wankers won't stop complaining that the product they already bought got lowered in price so that other people might be able to buy the same vehicle.

I honestly don't believe that the cost of the vehicle alone was the problem for most people. It certainly wasn't an issue for me.

The problem concerning the cost of their vehicles was that TESLA tied the cost of the vehicle to the employment and salary of their employees. That's a whole different ballgame than just changing the price of a product.

Reactions: digitalFan
It’s called a fire sale when a car costs $30,000 to build and it is sold for $35,000. Those of us who love Tesla want them to survive and want them to make a profit while trimming some fat, but not all of it. It’s called a family intervention.
I don't see that as being the case. You have these weirdos in Taiwan who think their Model S is going to be worth a million dollars 20 years from now and went nuts when they cut prices. See here: https://electrek.co/2019/03/04/tesla-owners-protest-price-cuts/

Also, why... 1) No matter how many times your Service Center tells you that you are part of a family you're not 2) Lowering the price is a good thing because it increases demand and an increase demand can increase both sales and revenue 3) The real reason people are pissed is because they don't understand their car is a depreciating asset, spent a fortune on it, and want it to be expensive for everyone else.

I don't see that as being the case. You have these weirdos in Taiwan who think their Model S is going to be worth a million dollars 20 years from now and went nuts when they cut prices. See here: Tesla owners literally protest over drastic price cuts

Also, why... 1) No matter how many times your Service Center tells you that you are part of a family you're not 2) Lowering the price is a good thing because it increases demand and an increase demand can increase both sales and revenue 3) The real reason people are pissed is because they don't understand their car is a depreciating asset, spent a fortune on it, and want it to be expensive for everyone else.
The people overseas who paid $200,000 for their car and it dropped to $148,000 the next day. They are “weirdo’s” for being upset about that? Of course a car is a depreciating asset but you figure that into buying it. Since I put about 30% down, I calculated that I could sell it if I ever lost my job. That’s called being smart. When a car depreciates 25% overnight on top of the 20% it’s already depreciated then it becomes a fire sale. Even the mew Leaf SL lomg range is going to be mid $40k’s. It’s not a crime to make a profit while preserving the reputation and value of your brand.

<snip>
Anyone who derides this should spend time in European restaurants and observe the service standards of hourly service people who don't get tip income compared to ones at restaurants in the US where employees are motivated to provide timely service since it impacts their amount of income.<snip>
We go to Europe once or twice per year and I can assure you that the service in most European restaurants is head and shoulders above the service in most US restaurants.

We go to Europe once or twice per year and I can assure you that the service in most European restaurants is head and shoulders above the service in most US restaurants.
Also, multiple studies have been done over the years and they find a very small correlation between service and tip amount. Tipping is not a driver of quality of service, according to all the data we have. Tipping is, however, a good indicator of the attractiveness, gender, and race of the server.

This is worth a listen for those who care: Should Tipping Be Banned? - Freakonomics

There are more data since that aired in 2016 as well.