Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I WAS WRONG it is a trim!!!

View attachment 995108
That is with estimated savings. Here is the purchase prices.

IMG_0474.png

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Evee
Thanks to this thread. It's a letdown.

I reserved Cybertruck TriMotor AWD with a list price of $69,900 for the 500+ range but now it costs more with less range.

With an extra payment for Extended Range, it is still less range!

The range progress goes backward!

It looks like Tesla has encountered a road block in 500+ range even with extra money!

Reactions: Nack
/stuffs 600 pounds of batteries in the cargo bed and still comes up short

View attachment 995177

😂
Funny comparison, but I hardly think that 470+ could be considered as a failure. The entire CT release has been an unqualified success, despite the naysayers harping on the fine points. I didn't think that Elon could pull this off, but he did. Wait until people see a CT on the road.

Yup, it’s called chemistry. It existed in 2019 too when they just made up the specs.
Yeah the only generous view I can give them is that they were extremely optimistic about some battery tech they had in the pipeline that didn’t materialize. That’s the only thing that makes the 520 mile plaid+, 600 mile roadster, and 500 mile cybertruck make sense.

The more likely explanation is they lied to build hype and pump the stock price. Like everything else they hype up.

Funny comparison, but I hardly think that 470+ could be considered as a failure. The entire CT release has been an unqualified success, despite the naysayers harping on the fine points. I didn't think that Elon could pull this off, but he did. Wait until people see a CT on the road.
Guess Elon does lurk these forums after all.

Success? I'm seeing polls where over half the reservation holders are now saying they are not going to order or wait and see if prices come down. They built up a ton of interest and then under-delivered across the board. Elon literally said that the Lightning was too expensive and now is releasing the CT which costs *more* than the Lightning. Your definition of success is the same as my definition of failure apparently.

Yup, it’s called chemistry. It existed in 2019 too when they just made up the specs.
It’s it time to just admit.. Tesla couldn’t do It. They can’t make a CT with 500+ range as they told us 4 years ago with all the hype it took to get us to make a reservation. 4 years later, they are not even close. I drive a magnificent Model S that is fast and fun, but I needed a truck with 500+ range as promised

A Ford Raptor is where I’m going. Might be my last truck at my age. Tesla and Elon failed. It’s a simple as that.

Tesla is pragmatically sticking to a medium range CT variant for launch; that makes perfect sense with a huge order backlog to fulfill.

What I'm actually more curious about at this point is what is the maximum range, battery size, and charging curve that the Cybertruck platform can support as designed today. Presumably Tesla has built and tested this. With 4680 cells and the absolute biggest pack they can fit in this thing, can it hold 200kwh? 250kwh?

For reference, Rivian says 410 miles range out of a 180 kwh pack. CT platform should be capable of a fair bit more than that imo
Bet that backlog evaporates quick, after today’s abomination. Let’s try the steel ball against the glass again, but this time, let’s use a soft and light baseball that we lobbed at the truck. What a joke. Cancelled my day zero reservation. Good luck 🍀 to all that stick with this junk.