Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can not wait until it is done! Here is a picture before at Fremont
I want to see pics of the final product!!! Sounds great!

Attachments

• MODEL  X AT FREMONT.JPG
    MODEL X AT FREMONT.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: BobCio and Ormond
Congratulations! Happy to hear Tesla has been improving in the quality dep't. Sometimes we forget how new the company is and complain about small issues. Cupholders,USB, ventilated seats etc........... They are listening and catching up

That's definitely a really good point.

For what its worth, it definitely feels more 'solid' than the one I test drove. There's no flex in the dash like there was in the test drive Model X, the cables for the far rear seats are actually discretely fastened and mostly hidden, whereas the test drive X they were just loose and covered with cheap cable covers. They've really come a long way.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Hello from Texas!

I've been a Tesla fan for a while and finally pulled the plug and ordered a 60D Model X last month. Unfortunately, it looks like a long wait is in my future since I ordered the 5-seater with coils config.

Model X 60D with Autopilot
Ordered: Aug 28th
Confirmed: Sep 4th
No VIN yet

Hoping the "Late 2016" estimate is not in Tesla time! :)
It will be interesting to see how quickly you get a vin and delivery. It might provide a clue to how many 5 seat orders are out there. Mine went in 4/2016. Some people have been waiting since fall 2015.

I just picked up my Model X 60D this morning from the Fremont factory. What a treat! I used the delivery checklist here and it ended up taking more time than expected. We also had a factory tour scheduled immediately after so I didn't get to be as detailed as I wanted, however our DS re-assured us of the warranty and told us to contact them right away if anything comes up.

Here's what we caught in our inspection:
- There was a slight imperfection in the driver window (they actually spotted it)
- A 1" scratch/imperfection in the leather on the door inside of the passenger side FWD.
- In general there was some water marks and spots around the vehicle (assuming from testing)
- Debris on the ground

The imperfections were noted on the bill of sale and I will be taking it in to a SC for repairs.

I did do a lot of playing around of the FWD to see if it would catch on the chrome exterior lining and it didn't. It definitely looks like they ware working on fine tuning all these issues, but we'll see what comes up in the next few weeks.

They looked extremely busy when I arrive at 9:30 AM. Lots of deliveries being made. Our car was still being wiped down when we arrived. It definitely looks like they are pushing as many deliveries as possible by 9/31.

Order date @Santana Row - 9/10/16
Order confirmation - 9/18/16
Production Queue - 9/19/16
Production Start Email - 9/24/16
Picked up car from Fremont Factory - 9/28/16

Model X 60D/Solid Black/Black leather seats/Black Headliner/Auto Pilot/Premium Upgrade/7 Seats/SAS/Towing Package/Standard 20" Wheels

Reactions: someTimesJoe
I just picked up my Model X 60D this morning from the Fremont factory. What a treat! I used the delivery checklist here and it ended up taking more time than expected. We also had a factory tour scheduled immediately after so I didn't get to be as detailed as I wanted, however our DS re-assured us of the warranty and told us to contact them right away if anything comes up.

Here's what we caught in our inspection:
- There was a slight imperfection in the driver window (they actually spotted it)
- A 1" scratch/imperfection in the leather on the door inside of the passenger side FWD.
- In general there was some water marks and spots around the vehicle (assuming from testing)
- Debris on the ground

The imperfections were noted on the bill of sale and I will be taking it in to a SC for repairs.

I did do a lot of playing around of the FWD to see if it would catch on the chrome exterior lining and it didn't. It definitely looks like they ware working on fine tuning all these issues, but we'll see what comes up in the next few weeks.

They looked extremely busy when I arrive at 9:30 AM. Lots of deliveries being made. Our car was still being wiped down when we arrived. It definitely looks like they are pushing as many deliveries as possible by 9/31.

Model X 60D/Solid Black/Black leather seats/Black Headliner/Auto Pilot/Premium Upgrade/7 Seats/SAS/Towing Package/Standard 20" Wheels

Cool and congrats!. I'm due to pick up mine tomorrow just about the same time and will be doing the tour afterwards. I guess that won't give me a lot of time to check the X over so I'll hit the important parts and get the DS to document anything required on the due bill. Hopefully it'll be little to none.

Cool and congrats!. I'm due to pick up mine tomorrow just about the same time and will be doing the tour afterwards. I guess that won't give me a lot of time to check the X over so I'll hit the important parts and get the DS to document anything required on the due bill. Hopefully it'll be little to none.

Congrats to you too! We had a 10 AM appointment, but we showed up at 9:30 and they started the process right away. It might be a good idea to come early if you want extra time inspecting.

Congrats! Looks like I missed the boat. My (east coast) 6-seat 60D confirmed on 9/20, 2 days later, and my DS just gave me a delivery estimate of late November!! Maybe they are switching the production line? I guess I can fantasize it has something to do with AP 2.0..

• Informative
Reactions: number12
Picked up my Model X last night. The San Diego service center was working overtime.

Drove it around today and it is awesome. Great acceleration (I'm happy with the 60D, it seems fast enough) Still getting used to the screen and features. I'm sure in a few days I'll be a pro. My wife seems to have learned the temperature controls fast. Used the app to turn on the air con twice while we were in stores and the car had heated up to 100 degrees, it was nice and cool when we returned.

The fit and finish looks perfect (only one minor flaw, a weather stripping under one of the FWDs is separating and they will fix that later).

Waiting to get 8.0 before I try AP.

Reactions: Electrifying
Had delivery appointment today at 10:00 am. Called last week and they said all good. Called earlier in the week to confirm it passed inspection and they said inspection not completed but the delivery appointment was still set. Called yesterday morning to confirm and they said inspection hadn't started. Called last night and said car was supposed to arrive in the morning. Called this morning and they said car hadn't left Birmingham. Afraid of what they are going to say next time i call.

Sorta frustrating because had i not called several times to get an update I would have shown up and no car would have been there. Why not just be upfront about the situation? I was calling specifically because I had to move meetings around so I could be at the early morning delivery appointment. Had I known it was this delayed I could have not inconvenienced myself and employees. They thanked me for being so patient and told me that they would take care of me with accommodations. Not sure what kind of accommodations I should expect. anyone else have a similar experience and what did they do for you?

Picked up my 60D this morning at the factory. Fit and finish came out pretty good. Didn't have a lot of time to do a detailed inspection of the car but did notice some minor things which they captured on the due bill to be fixed later. The delivery are was really busy and a lot of people around. 2 big tents full of S and X getting ready for deliveries and plenty of action everywhere. Awesome experience as well as the car. Factory tour recommended as well if you're in the area.

anyone else have a similar experience and what did they do for you?

I'm in a similar boat with my 60D. Delivery was set for this past Tuesday at 10am. On Monday they called and said the car hadn't arrived yet, but we might be able to get it Thursday (today) or Friday. Today they told us it's still in Alabama but we might be able to get it tomorrow night.

Our DS has been nice, and very responsive during this process. Because we sold our other car in anticipation of Tuesday delivery, they're paying for a loaner for these few days.

Picking up tomorrow at 2 in Fremont.

Pickup went very smoothly and we had no issues at all. I feel like there should have been after reading about all the deliveries here.

Order date @Santana Row – 09/01/16
Order confirmed/VIN assigned – 09/09/16
Production Start Email – 9/19/16
Production Complete – 9/21/16
Picked up car from Fremont Factory – 9/29/2016

We could have picked up the car as early as 9/23 but due to our schedule we had to delay for a week.

Model X 60D
Silver Metallic Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior

Had delivery appointment today at 10:00 am. Called last week and they said all good. Called earlier in the week to confirm it passed inspection and they said inspection not completed but the delivery appointment was still set. Called yesterday morning to confirm and they said inspection hadn't started. Called last night and said car was supposed to arrive in the morning. Called this morning and they said car hadn't left Birmingham. Afraid of what they are going to say next time i call.

Sorta frustrating because had i not called several times to get an update I would have shown up and no car would have been there. Why not just be upfront about the situation? I was calling specifically because I had to move meetings around so I could be at the early morning delivery appointment. Had I known it was this delayed I could have not inconvenienced myself and employees. They thanked me for being so patient and told me that they would take care of me with accommodations. Not sure what kind of accommodations I should expect. anyone else have a similar experience and what did they do for you?

Someone from Tampa called (I'm in Orlando) on friday around 6 and said that the car was delayed because it wouldn't power on and they couldn't locate it via gps. He said not to worry because it was likely the 12v battery. Hopefully will get delivery by next friday....

Someone from Tampa called (I'm in Orlando) on friday around 6 and said that the car was delayed because it wouldn't power on and they couldn't locate it via gps. He said not to worry because it was likely the 12v battery. Hopefully will get delivery by next friday....

Sadly no update. No call from any of the DS and I've left messages and no return calls. Tomorrow will be a week since my last contact... what is going on.