Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 60D X arrived last week, but unfortunately can't pick it up until early next week due to some BS North Carolina regulatory issues. Apparently in NC any "new" car model has to pass some sort of regulatory approval before a sale can be made, and that will finish up early next week. The SC has been super accommodating -- but it sucks to have it just sit there while we wait for red tape to get sorted out.

Techymd, have you taken delivery of your 60D yet?

Got an email from Tesla's auto generated delivery email saying sept-early October. Email seems to be behind in updates as I already have my VIN but shows only order confirmed in email.

Spoke to my DS, as well and he's saying mine should go into production at the end of August, 2 weeks in production and transport to So Cal total. He's estimating mid sept 20-27th.

VIN 175xx

Got an email from DS yesterday that my 60D is now in production. VIN 154xx !! Started to check on insurance and finance options now.
Congratulations! What was your order date and confirmation date? What's your expected date of delivery? My VIN is 166xx, and I'm "hoping" to hear that we are in production sometime next week, with a mid-Sept delivery (fingers crossed). But who knows...

Reactions: openwyder
Called the sales guy who helped me withthe test drive and asked him about cancelling an option on my order. He looked into it and said the car is already in production half way through and could not make any changes. I was surprised because my expected delivery is late September or early October. He said the car should be available for delivery by second or third week of September. My vin is 170** ordered andconfirmed 8/6. I don't know if I have to belivehim

wow, if your car is in production, that means good chance mine is too, 168xx, confirmed 8/3. or he could just be BSing so they don't have to update your order. isn't there a change fee you'd have to pay if you change your order after confirmation?
Yes there is and I willing to pay for it .. he said if there is a blue button it would let him edit the order and means not in production otherwise it means it is in production and he checked the production Q and said it is almost 50% into it. He has been more helpful than the DS.