Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI for anyone updating and subsequently discovering something isn’t working, do a 2-thumb reboot at least twice. After discovering weird audio bugs, I rebooted but it was still the same and assumed it was the update. Today I rebooted again and the playhead and duration info reappeared, skip ability returned! I think rebooting the car twice could be my new first response to any issue.

You our would be surprised at the multitude of sins that rebooting can cure...

yesterday whilst on holidays with the family, I noticed that the external passenger mirror was fixed solidly inwards (mine auto fold in when parked - and this one hadn't folded back out).

Pressing the fold in/fold out button only moved the driver's mirror. And the joystick only moved the mirrors inside the frame. So I pulled the car over and physically forced the mirror back to a useable position (scared the beejeesus out of me, it felt like I was snapping it off). It still didn't move electrically after that.

My first thought was that the car was really dusty and some of it has got into the motor or the cogs or something.

After another 10 minutes of really depressed driving, I decided to do a two finger Tesla salute and reboot the darn thing.

At the very last bit of the boot up process, at a point in time when I had completely given up hope.... We heard a "chuckung..." from that mirror... And presto... Good as new!

I would suggest that that before any service call is made ... even a cracked windscreen I tell you... Try a reboot. You may just find the magical Tesla fairy emerge from under the frunk and repair the windscreen... A long shot, I know... But...

I would suggest that that before any service call is made ... even a cracked windscreen I tell you... Try a reboot. You may just find the magical Tesla fairy emerge from under the frunk and repair the windscreen... A long shot, I know... But...
While that may be ever so slightly extreme, you're quite right, there needs to be more emphasis on training drivers to try a reboot for any issue on these cars. We see threads that go on for days of some weird issue someone is having, and finally they try a reboot and it clears. Personally a reboot is the first thing I do at the first hint of weirdness, it's easy, takes mere seconds, and solves an incredible number of issues.

Has anyone been able to get the Summon feature working in their Australian Model S? I have the latest software v7.1 installed. I have watched all the you tube videos but I can't get it to work either via the fob or the mobile app.

It's not available in Australia due to regulatory limitations. They say that may change in the future and they are working on it, but that's the status for now.

Logically we’ll get Summon…sooner or later…though it’ll probably be a nerfed, foam-coated version that beeps loudly with flashing hazard lights. I just hope it works with not much space - I have around 8 cm clearance on either side of the car leading into a wider garage.

BMW and Merc's all have a parking option in their high end models in other markets (without the driver required to be in the car) but claim it isn't allowed here therefore disabled.

So both reasons could be right....it is only getting tested in the USA and will roll out world wide when it's totally ready...but we'll be out of luck as our nanny state government won't allow it...

-ECIT

Last edited:
It's available NOWHERE other than the USA, I highly doubt it's due to regulatory limitations when all 50 US states were fine with it, but not a single other country in the world?

This is Tesla holding back the feature.
Summarised perfectly!
Just can't work out why? Is it to keep US customers happy because they didnt got spotify? Is there some hardware missing on all other cars? Why havn't tesla told us anything? When it's all secret, something is being hidden. I've got no doubt the fantastic aussie team don't know either.

Just not convinced Tesla would deliberately hold back a feature - why? Reward American customers over other countries? I think in Australia we are being punished enough with currency conversion, taxes etc etc; we should be rewarded taking it on, not the reverse!
Which is why I asked all of those unanswered questions. I think its a huge long shot to suggest that all govenments other than US government won't allow summon. That just doesn't seem possible, and if it's not possible, then what's going on? Remember this is not a problem just in Australia. It's worldwide. 20 countries no to summon but 1 says yes?

Which is why I asked all of those unanswered questions. I think its a huge long shot to suggest that all govenments other than US government won't allow summon. That just doesn't seem possible, and if it's not possible, then what's going on? Remember this is not a problem just in Australia. It's worldwide. 20 countries no to summon but 1 says yes?

Maybe there is a 42nd amendment (42 being the answer to life the universe and everything) to the US constitution which provides the right for all citizens to bear small car shaped key fobs that allow remote control of the full sized vehicles?

Why would the US government worry about the odd citizen being run over by a car without a driver when they all have a right to bear other lethal weapons that can be bought from the local Walmart?

Are we supposed to get an update beyond .157?

'coz so far, zip...

Check out Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

I think we are on .152 or .177

.177 seems to be for owners who had an error with their Model S displayed as a "60" when it is not, with .152.

If if you are on .152 with no problem, I think that is it.

The tracker is a great resource to capture the firmware update pattern. However it relies on owner participation - last input from Australia is about 6 owners - we need more from Australia!

Me too, however even if the summon feature was released I highly doubt it will park in the space I do so.

-ECIT

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    565 KB · Views: 56