Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 S and X discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible I suppose, Electrek is Tesla's state media for all intents and purposes - but I'm still firmly in the camp of nothing big happening for a couple months at least. I just can't see any possible way that major S/X changes are imminent at this point. They're clearly working in that direction with the slow but steady discontinuing of options in the past several months - but we have longer to wait.

I think you are right. Surely they can’t suddenly release a replacement for the 75D in case all the last minute orders get cancelled. Similarly I can’t believe they think only having one pack option works or that the 3 will suddenly become desirable to those that don’t want one.

The Y is also far too far away so they have to be working on bringing something out soon. As others have said, maybe tying in with the Y reveal in March, but certainly in the U.K. that wrecks their sales completely for months - we have no model 3 and entry level is now $115k approx :eek:

I think you are right. Surely they can’t suddenly release a replacement for the 75D in case all the last minute orders get cancelled. Similarly I can’t believe they think only having one pack option works or that the 3 will suddenly become desirable to those that don’t want one.

The Y is also far too far away so they have to be working on bringing something out soon. As others have said, maybe tying in with the Y reveal in March, but certainly in the U.K. that wrecks their sales completely for months - we have no model 3 and entry level is now $115k approx :eek:

There may still be some wait of course and all rumors put bigger refresh later but Supercharger V3 could push Tesla into releasing something new already this winter/spring. Batteries, charging and charge port changes could fit that bill.

Reactions: KJD
Hope this causes the values of those who have a Model S 75D to go up as supply will decrease and the demand should increase.

That’s my thinking. Might be wrong.

Maybe worth it now to buy it at end of the lease. Only time will tell.

You lose the $7,500 rebate when you buy at the end of your lease period. What's the buyout amount for your 75D?

$59,760

Do you have a 75D as well?

If Tesla brings out a different battery pack at the same price or just slightly more than what the 75D was going for, then no one will want to buy these used so it’ll affect the prices negatively.

Let’s see what happens

$59,760

Do you have a 75D as well?

If Tesla brings out a different battery pack at the same price or just slightly more than what the 75D was going for, then no one will want to buy these used so it’ll affect the prices negatively.

Let’s see what happens

At your $59K residual, it would make little sense to buy out that 75D. I have seen a CPO P90D with Ludicrous available for less than that.

Also 100Ds will be available for mid 60s towards the end of the year.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
Why would Tesla releasing say an 80D make people not want to buy used 75D's? It's not like 75D's have a barely usable range - for most people it's plenty enough range (myself included btw). It's not like suddenly they released a bunch of used 2-4 year old 80D's on the market, then sure, 75D's would go for a little less.

Reactions: Olle and emmz0r
Why would Tesla releasing say an 80D make people not want to buy used 75D's? It's not like 75D's have a barely usable range - for most people it's plenty enough range (myself included btw). It's not like suddenly they released a bunch of used 2-4 year old 80D's on the market, then sure, 75D's would go for a little less.

I've seen that they also put panorama roof off menu and it might disappear so 75Ds with the ability to have roof rack as well could keep the price up.

At your $59K residual, it would make little sense to buy out that 75D. I have seen a CPO P90D with Ludicrous available for less than that.

Also 100Ds will be available for mid 60s towards the end of the year.

That’s a good comparison. Thanks for letting me know. I don’t keep in touch with CPO prices. Might go over my mileage so that’s why was considering possibly keeping it.

Given it's been way longer than a day or two, is your assertion is the Elon has left the planet and is now floating in outer space (since he can't be on any planet according to you)? ;)

:) Yep. I still contend that the smaller battery is coming soon(ish), unless Elon misspoke when he talked about moving to M3 terminology for battery range.

Alas, there facts are facts, and as of today there is one battery choice. Thus, I am humbled.

Reactions: AnOutsider
:) Yep. I still contend that the smaller battery is coming soon(ish), unless Elon misspoke when he talked about moving to M3 terminology for battery range.

Alas, there facts are facts, and as of today there is one battery choice. Thus, I am humbled.
Tesla has said that it is related to the purposeful reduction in X and S production, as well as an effort to better differentiate those products from the 3. So I’m sadly starting to think this is the status quo for a while.

Reactions: outdoors
Tesla has said that it is related to the purposeful reduction in X and S production, as well as an effort to better differentiate those products from the 3. So I’m sadly starting to think this is the status quo for a while.
I have no desire for a Model 3 or S so I don't see the need to differentiate. However anything above 90K for an X and I have plenty of alternatives with greater luxury.

Porsche Taycan (I have a deposit) just announce they are doubling their production target....they claim a lot of Tesla owners are putting deposits.

Still puzzled...In my opinion they need to bring expensive pickup truck BEFORE the Model Y