Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost every one of these 2023 MY LRs has matrix lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the video. This brings renewed hope of getting matrix lights with my MYLR. If I was the buyer of the non-matrix Y, I'd be bummed out. I know, #firstworldproblems

Someone with another white interior, only 1,000 units before my assigned VIN did not get the matrix lights.... so there's a reasonably good chance that I will not be getting them. Probably just comes down to what the factory has to build with on a given day. There were literally 20+ LR MY vehicles out in various stages of delivery prep and every single one of them but one had the matrix lights.

Stopped by the delivery center on my way to do some holiday shopping and saw a lot more cars, as many of the ones I saw yesterday appeared to have been delivered or moved up in staging.

Saw a Fremont car with VIN series PF601 that did not have the matrix lights. All of the other Fremont built cars were PF605, PF606 or earlier PF5xx cars and they all had the matrix lights. Every car I saw had black interior, so not sure when the production run where my car was built falls into all of this, as they still seem to have limited production of white interiors.

So, it's really just a crap shoot at this point. It appears that for Fremont production they are getting limited shipments of the non matrix lights in and when they do they use them up in production then move right back to building cars with the matrix lights so they don't have to stop the production line.

I've made peace with possibly not getting them but if I do it will be a sweet bonus... at least if Tesla ever delivers some of the advanced features that are possible now and turns them on for all owners with the hardware, not just owners of performance version cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Rknapp and Twiglett
Stopped by the delivery center on my way to do some holiday shopping and saw a lot more cars, as many of the ones I saw yesterday appeared to have been delivered or moved up in staging.

Saw a Fremont car with VIN series PF601 that did not have the matrix lights. All of the other Fremont built cars were PF605, PF606 or earlier PF5xx cars and they all had the matrix lights. Every car I saw had black interior, so not sure when the production run where my car was built falls into all of this, as they still seem to have limited production of white interiors.

So, it's really just a crap shoot at this point. It appears that for Fremont production they are getting limited shipments of the non matrix lights in and when they do they use them up in production then move right back to building cars with the matrix lights so they don't have to stop the production line.

I've made peace with possibly not getting them but if I do it will be a sweet bonus... at least if Tesla ever delivers some of the advanced features that are possible now and turns them on for all owners with the hardware, not just owners of performance version cars.
thank you for the video, I think your take is accurate. They just backfill with Matrix when they run out of stock, so it really is a crapshoot.
Should be getting mine with white interior in a few weeks (PF616) so will see what I get.

Reactions: Happy Hippo

Thanks for reporting back. Mine is a PF609. 🤞