Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

Meto86

Mar 11, 2021
Los Angeles
I believe LR will come with the updated door trims as well as the updated headlights until or just after end of second quarter. If not they may release for the 2022 models.

brettjson

Feb 27, 2021
I believe LR will come with the updated door trims as well as the updated headlights until or just after end of second quarter. If not they may release for the 2022 models.
I totally agree that it makes sense to switch over after EOQ. I assumed they would pop up Q2, but they may wait to finish the M3 door panel rollout and the. Do the lights and trim at the same time on the Y. Ultimately it is all conjecture.

Reactions: MIK3

lozza

Oct 8, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Mid June delivery at the moment - I’m not taking delivery until new lights and door panels start rolling out.
It's interesting that the new door panels are now something to add to the 'should I wait for that too'?. Actually not a fan of the new trim, as with a white interior you lose the white inserts on the doors, which I really like. Hoping I can thread the needle here and get new headlights, 82Kwh battery, and old door trim!

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
The big battery (which appears to be in the LR cars for over a month+) is the most important from a practical standpoint. LR cars have been calculating 78-79kWh usable which indicates the 82kWh pack.

Reactions: MIK3

MIK3

Feb 23, 2020
Phoenix
It's interesting that the new door panels are now something to add to the 'should I wait for that too'?. Actually not a fan of the new trim, as with a white interior you lose the white inserts on the doors, which I really like. Hoping I can thread the needle here and get new headlights, 82Kwh battery, and old door trim!
Hope you can make it happen!

Reactions: lozza

zikronix

Apr 16, 2021
AZ
Mid June delivery at the moment - I’m not taking delivery until new lights and door panels start rolling out.
I just talked to my sa, about defering a month he literally said you wont see your car until the end of june early july, Im perfectly ok with that. I ordered april 8!

Reactions: MIK3 and dyau

Drew0020

May 26, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Just keep waiting lol. At some point they may change the interior lining. Once you buy something stop coming to the forums because they always make incremental improvements.

Thenly way to never be left behind is to not make a purchase in the first place.

Reactions: Jeff N

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC