Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but I'm talking about brightness, spread, and cutoff, not matrix features.
Lol yeah get the P, get what you want my guy. You’re asking a public forum what you should spend your money on. It’s first world problems at this point ….at the end of the day you’re getting reflectors on either or and not actual HID projectors. For 8k you might just find and aftermarket retrofit or custom projector that will not only give you a razor cutoff line but a better spread and light output.

Reactions: MBx4 and Wolfhausen
Lol yeah get the P, get what you want my guy. You’re asking a public forum what you should spend your money on. It’s first world problems at this point ….at the end of the day you’re getting reflectors on either or and not actual HID projectors. For 8k you might just find and aftermarket retrofit or custom projector that will not only give you a razor cutoff line but a better spread and light output.
I didn't ask anyone anything? I was just adding input and a source where you can spot a difference because someone said there's no difference.

I was able to source some 2021 dot matrix headlights, from my understanding they are plug and play for pre dot matrix. I’ll update once I confirm. For people interested in some let me know, I’m in Southern California but can ship!
You sure? I've been asking my service center for a while, they keep saying harness is different? I almost bought part but was told they won't install it.

Last edited:
Most likely you will have to install it yourself. I will attempt to install it within the next week. I talked to my source and they said it’s plug and play w/o any errors.

But what about software update after plugging them in?

But keep us updated please lol. I read somewhere on this forum (can't locate) and the user mentioned they bought the new global headlights and had a bodyshop install but failed b/c the lights didn't turn on.

Attachments

• E83C8340-03E1-4D80-8360-D311E9B8FD94.jpeg
    E83C8340-03E1-4D80-8360-D311E9B8FD94.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 129
Somewhere else on here someone tried and they didn’t work because the new lights have an extra plug on them. That’s why it’s not just a simple plug and play at the factory. They need to swap the whole wiring harness out.

Also, beam pattern, brightness and spread are directly related to the matrix features. It seems like a lot of people want these but dont understand why they are different and how they work. Please understand this or you will be disappointed in the performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Somewhere else on here someone tried and they didn’t work because the new lights have an extra plug on them. That’s why it’s not just a simple plug and play at the factory. They need to swap the whole wiring harness out.

Also, beam pattern, brightness and spread are directly related to the matrix features. It seems like a lot of people want these but dont understand why they are different and how they work. Please understand this or you will be disappointed in the performance.
can you share the thread? From what I can see from the new headlights, there is only one plug.

One post says it’s different. Likely needs more connectors to control the matrix features even though we can’t use the pm yet.

One post says it’s different. Likely needs more connectors to control the matrix features even though we can’t use the pm yet.
The posts above have people saying the service center says it is not possible, but has anyone tried?

hchu, I am curious what the connectors look like. Can you post a picture?

The posts above have people saying the service center says it is not possible, but has anyone tried?
hchu, I am curious what the connectors look like. Can you post a picture

hchu, I am curious what the connectors look like. Can you post a picture?

Im pretty sure the service center never looked into this. As far as connector I can confirm it’s the same as the older headlights. Please refer to my picture including one that has the part number of the newer headlight.

Attachments

• F6C753ED-7F4B-41CC-8C62-242EA3AC535B.jpeg
    F6C753ED-7F4B-41CC-8C62-242EA3AC535B.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 108

Im pretty sure the service center never looked into this. As far as connector I can confirm it’s the same as the older headlights. Please refer to my picture including one that has the part number of the newer headlight.
I agree the service center will just say no regardless of wether it is possible or not. One to find out for sure! Excited to hear the answer.

Reactions: MBx4