Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone on 2019.32.12.4 and will Scheduled Departure work with Octopus Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No evidence with 2019.36.x that scheduled departure peak rate starts at any time other than 6am. So without anyone actually seeing how it works in practice, looks like it may be a bit of a restriction, especially since this feature seems to replace scheduled start.

I am still waiting for Octopus to sort out a smart meter for us :(

According to Teslafi ive spent £58 charging at home, that could of been about £19 on the Go tariff
I am getting pretty pissed off about this. I've been a customer for MONTHS now and they can't get a meter fitted. I am not in a rural location.
I had an appointment which I worked at home for and nobody turned up, when I called Octopus they told me that the engineers had somehow lost any record of my appointment. Since then they have promised to chase the engineers and I have as-yet heard nothing about getting a new appointment in.

Not happy, as like you, I am paying three times what I should to charge my car overnight.

This is what the Glow Stick app looks like. The round thing at the top spins around, simulating a physical meter I guess. It’s pretty cool to see the live consumption from anywhere in the world!

Attachments

• B5991345-9633-4C85-95FE-1BC18192CF42.jpeg
    B5991345-9633-4C85-95FE-1BC18192CF42.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
You can buy one direct for £50

Glow stick Wifi CAD - Hildebrand

So if I get the IHD supplied by Octopus, can I also use a glow stick? Will a purchased glow stick just work or does it have to be paired with the meter and can I do that?

I'm wanting to get gas meter consumption into my PVOutput graphs. What is the resolution of this information - ideally I want 5 minute readings. I'll write the interface between the two myself.

I've been talking to Hildebrand over email, very responsive company on a Saturday

The current glowstick (the small USB dongle) only works with SMETS1 meters, and each one needs agreement from your energy provider before it will gather data for you - they have to agree to share the data

If you put an order in, they will first make sure they have a chance of getting access to your data before they will take your money - they'll send an email asking who your provider is, what meters you have, etc.

They have a combined CAD and IHD just finished production, which have mostly been sold to energy suppliers, that does work with SMETS2, and because Hildebrand are registered as an "Other User" company with the DCC, they can bypass your current energy supplier and deal direct with you for permission to read your SMETS2 meters. You give permission via their Bright app from the app store

Last edited:
Can the tesla be told to start charging at time X then stop charging at time Y regardless of how full it is? I'd mostly prefer to charge at cheap rates over a couple of days (if the battery is drained) rather than fill up partially on expensive rates.

Yeah, I saw that too, and it says it's zigbee 1.2a certified, but when you go through to buy one Zigbee CAD for Smart Meters it says SMETS1 and zigbee1.1b

Over email they said "We do not have a GlowStick compatible with SMETS2 at the moment"

I'm guessing the SMETS2 GlowStick in the product pages is their next version, not yet available.

Their SMETS2 IHD is only £20 more than the SMETS1 glowstick

But anyway, if you're with Octopus it sounds like you can get a GlowStick for free?

Can the tesla be told to start charging at time X then stop charging at time Y regardless of how full it is? I'd mostly prefer to charge at cheap rates over a couple of days (if the battery is drained) rather than fill up partially on expensive rates.
I do that on Octopus GO by setting the charge limit to add about 30% (for LR AWD) to the current charge, that way at 32A it stays within the four hour window. Yes, it’s a faff, and yes, I’d much rather be able to set a stop time on the car.

It is crap though that Tesla can’t implement a simple Start/Stop timer, like every other EV out there.

I'm surprised to hear that Tesla can't have a scheduled start and stop time for charging. In preparation for my delivery, I've order a Zappi charger. I understand that start and stop can be scheduled on the Zappi and was planning to change to Octopus Go once my current tariff expires. I hope I'm right about the capabilities of the Zappi - it seems to be difficult to get much information about chargepoint capabilities without doing a lot of digging.

Not happy, as like you, I am paying three times what I should to charge my car overnight.

My daughter received compensation when Octopus eventually fitted their meter and the rate could be applied. She was happy with the amount, so I guess it covered what she thought her usage had actually been.

It is crap though that Tesla can’t implement a simple Start/Stop timer, like every other EV out there.

Whilst waiting for Tesla to get around to it ... 3rd party tools such as TeslaFi can do that.

Has anyone figured this out yet? My go tarrif kicked In the other day I have smart eV app to go with my rolec thsts set to work only when cheapest I think but I wake up today to se the cars only just started.

I have the car set to both start at no earlier than 0.30 and scheduled to depart to havr the warm battery at 7. 00

To me it looks like it's only listens to the scheduled departure saying leave at 7 and started charging appropriately for thst.

I want my warm battery for range and warmth in the car but I need it to be charging from 0.30, my guess is I should turn of scheduling, let smart eV app do its thing as there's a warm battery function too and go from there?