Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall where I read this but the 70kwh config is their top sellers. Multiple sales staff has told me this as well.

I was going by the Model S order and delivery spreadsheet

2016-05-21_Screenshot_19.jpg

About 1/3 of sales are 70 KWh batteries. The 85/90/85D/90D have been more than 50% of sales on this each quarter. It's possible the population reporting to this list are self selecting for larger battery sizes, but I can't figure out why that would be the case.

Reactions: Tellotes
I was going by the Model S order and delivery spreadsheet

View attachment 177573

About 1/3 of sales are 70 KWh batteries. The 85/90/85D/90D have been more than 50% of sales on this each quarter. It's possible the population reporting to this list are self selecting for larger battery sizes, but I can't figure out why that would be the case.

Where do I find the master spreadsheet so I can fill in my 70D order specifics as well?

Just drove by the Portland SC and there are two 90's there. Cameras and sensors are the same.,

I recently purchase an inventory p90 with the pre refresh front. When I saw the posts on this forum talking about new autopilot hardware I freaked out and called Tesla to change to a custom post refresh brand new order (about 15k more than my inventory purchase). However, after speaking to multiple folks in Palo Alto and locally (Tampa), everyone has reassured me over and over again that there are no new autopilot hardware installs in the new refresh. For what that is worth? I don't know if they would simply not tell people about something like this but that would be kind of crappy if you ask me. I am sticking with my 15k discount and getting the inventory car though. Thoughts?

I think the evidence is pretty conclusive at this point that the refresh cars, built before or after announcement, do not have a new autopilot system -- at least not the rumored multi-camera system.

If you don't care for any of the refresh's changes, $15k off inventory is a great deal!

Even so - if it were different you'd probably have to pay the 15k + the price increase anyways. Newer things will always be there and bargains sometimes indicate change, other times not. As the owner coming a day after the fair you always feel cheated, though that's the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

Even so - if it were different you'd probably have to pay the 15k + the price increase anyways. Newer things will always be there and bargains sometimes indicate change, other times not. As the owner coming a day after the fair you always feel cheated, though that's the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

Yeah, I have already come to terms with this. At first I felt cheated because I can't predict when a new feature might come out and I wish I had waited. At the same time, I am in 100% agreement with Tesla's constantly rolling out new features and am quite thankful that they have done so much to push the industry forward. Too many people die in the US from preventable accidents, severe pollution (even fungal diseases contracted driving through the central valley of CA, etc) and I am willing to stop my whining and childlike "I want everything now because it costs a lot of money" for the sake of the greater good that Tesla is doing by pushing the envelope into the future and taking me along for the ride. :-D

Yeah, I have already come to terms with this. At first I felt cheated because I can't predict when a new feature might come out and I wish I had waited. At the same time, I am in 100% agreement with Tesla's constantly rolling out new features and am quite thankful that they have done so much to push the industry forward. Too many people die in the US from preventable accidents, severe pollution (even fungal diseases contracted driving through the central valley of CA, etc) and I am willing to stop my whining and childlike "I want everything now because it costs a lot of money" for the sake of the greater good that Tesla is doing by pushing the envelope into the future and taking me along for the ride. :-D

Are you talking about coccidiodomycosis (aka valley fever). A few people die from it, but it's so widespread that when someone produced a vaccine for it, they couldn't find enough people living in the San Joaquin Valley who hadn't had it to do a clinical trial. The vast majority of people who are exposed develop an immunity with few if any symptoms.

The HEPA filter in most western countries is primarily to filter out bad smells. We drive past a sewage treatment plant and a paper mill heading into town and both are pretty unpleasant. When there is a lot of pollen in the air it is nice to be able to filter it out, some pollens really bother me. In China the bio-defense mode is worth its weight in gold!

I do agree with your overall point though. I'll be getting my refresh Model S in a few weeks and I'm sure they will come out with something I'd want later this year. It is what it is and I just have to accept it. About the only thing I'd really be bummed about is missing the 100 KWh battery by a few days or weeks.