Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update below today from my DS. I wanted to mention that I've heard others express concern with their DS not communicating, but mine has been excellent. He responds same day every time I've emailed him.

"Mini-update: your Model S has made it through paint and is now in assembly – this is where the magic happens! Will keep you posted on continued progress."

So excited!!! Working on the garage now... Oh, and investigating solar. Tesla is the energy gateway drug...

Luck of the draw
My DS is awesome Too
Top notch

I got excited and actually did the floor. Anticipating delivery towards the end of the month...

image.jpeg

I got excited and actually did the floor. Anticipating delivery towards the end of the month...

View attachment 180476

Nice floor!

Mine has finished production and shows in transit, but sill has a two week delivery window (June 18 - July 2).

I have been refinishing the garage, building a new driveway, power washing everything... I am about out of distraction techniques.

• Love
Reactions: Krebnarb
Nice floor!

Mine has finished production and shows in transit, but sill has a two week delivery window (June 18 - July 2).

I have been refinishing the garage, building a new driveway, power washing everything... I am about out of distraction techniques.

Thanks! It took a bit of neurosis to design: the tiles came in boxes of 30 and I didn't want to waste, so I had to find a way to equal it out. I managed to do it with only a few red tiles extra.

I have the same 2 week window as you, but mine still says in production, so I'm just trying to pretend like the first week isn't a possibility

If you look on those shelves, I bought a whole bunch of cleaning/maintenance supplies. I've moved on to practicing detailing techniques on my wife's car (never had leather interior on my other cars).

Argh!!! It appears my poor 75D has been sitting in Fremont for almost a week now waiting for someone to notice it and put it on a truck. This is the worst part of the wait so far because it feels so pointless and wasted.

Waiting in queue for production? Makes sense.

The days of angst while the car goes through production? Exciting and totally understandable.

Anticipating as the transport truck drives across the US? Tough, but what else are you gonna do if you can't pick up in Fremont.

Knowing the beautiful car is done, and just sitting there waiting for someone to notice it and start inching it toward me? Excruciating and senseless. Senseless like throwing trash into the sea or killing kittens.

I'm getting ready to have some "firsts" with mine now. Tomorrow I'm washing it for the first time. Taking it to duPont Cars & Coffee Saturday for the first time, and I'm going on it's first road trip right after C&C, driving from Tampa to Charlotte! Good thing I got my registration and tag today!

Kinda ridiculous how much I've done for a car I don't even have yet.

DTE (energy company) came and installed the actual second meter for my NEMA and PEV rate. Already set up an appointment for Xpel full front and Opticoat pro. Already talked to tinting shop. Trunk organizer, interior lighting upgrade, and floor mat upgrade patiently waiting in the closet (unlike me).

Pickup appointment scheduled for June 24th @ 1500

Good prep work STbreaker. All garage and driveway work for me so far.

What trunk organizer did you go with?

My stupid delivery window remains the same two week eternity up to July 2, but my DS told me today the car is in Texas (headed to Tennessee) so hopefully getting a real delivery target soon.

My name is Peter and I'm a Tesla addict now. I just ordered it a few days ago and can't wait! I keep making up reasons to go by the Tesla store just to sit in them :). This is my mid-life crisis car as I'm hitting 40 in about a month. Fingers crossed I get it before then.

I went by the store at the mall again yesterday. I was at the mall already so how could I not go in!

My name is Peter and I'm a Tesla addict now. I just ordered it a few days ago and can't wait! I keep making up reasons to go by the Tesla store just to sit in them :). This is my mid-life crisis car as I'm hitting 40 in about a month. Fingers crossed I get it before then.

I went by the store at the mall again yesterday. I was at the mall already so how could I not go in!