Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, my fateful call came yesterday too. My estimate is now 3 to 6 months from OD (28.11)... well its not 3 to six months is it, I said, 'cos three months is now, and it won't be until be until May earliest. 5 to 6 months clearly.

He also tells me I'm now a gold class customer, 'cos my car will be in the very next batch, well that's clearly not true, I feel like a wooden spoon customer because I got bumped :(

I was having a bad day yesterday.
So sorry to hear! Our Tesla guy couldn’t even explain why we got bumped when order date clearly earlier than others - it’s all very frustrating. We’re trying to look on the bright side, with an extra 2 months for them to keep making improvements that will end up in our build.

Has anyone hit the SAs up for a discount on the car for the extra wait time? Its a not insignificant change with some that ordered in November looking like it will be close to 6 months until they get their car.

I know so far tesla has never really offered discounts in the past (apart from the corporate discount and lease car discount, both now ended sadly) but they have usually been able to supply you a car inside 8 weeks at the most and never with extra delays. Also there have never really been any solid competition around but that is changing rapidly. Food for thought for the next person to get that crappy call from their SA.

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq

Attachments

• Elon-Laughing.gif
    Elon-Laughing.gif
    971.1 KB · Views: 207
Has anyone hit the SAs up for a discount on the car for the extra wait time? Its a not insignificant change with some that ordered in November looking like it will be close to 6 months until they get their car.

I know so far tesla has never really offered discounts in the past (apart from the corporate discount and lease car discount, both now ended sadly) but they have usually been able to supply you a car inside 8 weeks at the most and never with extra delays. Also there have never really been any solid competition around but that is changing rapidly. Food for thought for the next person to get that crappy call from their SA.
Unfortunately there's likely something in the order agreement that covers delays

So sorry to hear! Our Tesla guy couldn’t even explain why we got bumped when order date clearly earlier than others - it’s all very frustrating. We’re trying to look on the bright side, with an extra 2 months for them to keep making improvements that will end up in our build.
Unfortunately this is happening world wide as Tesla is struggling to keep up with demand.
her is the equivalent thread in the UK.

Tesla don’t do discount and there isn’t any provision for this.
Unfortunately it is how the world is at the moment and delays are almost across the board with all manufacturers.

Same story for anyone asking for a delay in a 300 land cruiser for instance.

80448748.jpg

Reactions: Benzz
Thank you for the welcome,

I ordered the SR with the black interior, Aero wheels and in Midnight Silver
Hi Rowanhs, welcome! I ordered the exact same combo on the 15/2 just after it changed to 5-7 months. It'll be interesting to see if we get it the same date. I actually think with all the delays they mainly apply to non standard orders like the LR etc. I think if you ordered as we did it may be a bit quicker? Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic 🤣

Reactions: Rowanhs