Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy for the LHD versions to go first...as I'd hope they've worked out any major production kinks on the LHD models, so that the RHD models are perfect.
Elon would not put up with any Quality issues, they seem to be pretty agile in adapting manufacturing changes so yep, after the thousands that have been down the line they should be good.
If a boat load of RHD go to New Zealand first they will have the first RHD ones too..
It’s all coming up Millhouse.

Reactions: PcS000
As per the last page, i am curious as to the VIN assignment. Would be interesting to see what the Europeans experienced as given the model is 'new' it might be a slightly different process to what 'normal production' would be maybe? i.e. EU got the VIN's only when in country, on the boat etc etc

As per the last page, i am curious as to the VIN assignment. Would be interesting to see what the Europeans experienced as given the model is 'new' it might be a slightly different process to what 'normal production' would be maybe? i.e. EU got the VIN's only when in country, on the boat etc etc
For AU I wouldn’t expect it to be too much different to what our Model Y guys are seeing as far as vin assignment goes, but I could be wrong.

So just got a message from "Morten Grove" who is doing the tracking of Tesla ships on X confirming my suspicions about Viking Paglia.

He says Tesla have started emailing early order holders. Haven't seen any email here as yet but sounding more and more promising. He may have meant NZ though.
Lol, it has come to something when the very first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is seeing where Viking Paglia is. But I did, and was pleased to see her sitting exactly where I was hoping she would be this morning - she seemed to have disappeared yesterday!

Reactions: dronus
Ok confirmed NZ customers have been emailed and assigned VINs on Viking Paglia

Excellent. I guess we just wait and see now if any of us get some over the next week, or whether we start looking at Morning Crystal.

I would say just because we haven't been emailed yet doesn't mean anything, they might do Australia once the ship is en route. I noticed that the guys with Model Ys on Don Juan got their vins after it had been sailing a few days.

Last edited:
Excellent. I guess we just wait and see now if any of us get some over the next week, or whether we start looking at Viking Crystal.

I would say just because we haven't been emailed yet doesn't mean anything, they might do Australia once the ship is en route. I noticed that the guys with Model Ys on Don Juan got their vins after it had been sailing a few days.
Yeah, also noting that the Viking only stops at PK and BNE, missing MEL, it could be that it's only doing MY's for AU. Morning Crystal is the next candidate and it stops MEL, PK, BNE hitting MEL at roughly the same time Viking hits PK.