Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe no new lr till post December

Attachments

• IMG_0173.png
    IMG_0173.png
    894.4 KB · Views: 31
So I was driving home from the gym tonight with the windows open, ice cube blaring and me trying to catch my breath and not spew.
Then I was thinking, you never see teslas driving around with their windows open.

Is that a thing?

Do you ever drive your m3 with you windows open to let the fresh air in and the farts and pubes out?

Maybe people in Adelaide just keep their windows shut so they don’t get car jacked or a durrie butt to the face from some twat in a Mitsubishi triton…

So I was driving home from the gym tonight with the windows open, ice cube blaring and me trying to catch my breath and not spew.
Then I was thinking, you never see teslas driving around with their windows open.

Is that a thing?

Do you ever drive your m3 with you windows open to let the fresh air in and the farts and pubes out?

Maybe people in Adelaide just keep their windows shut so they don’t get car jacked or a durrie butt to the face from some twat in a Mitsubishi triton…
Oh hell yeah, I have the windows down blaring the same music, cube, Dre, Biggy, as Slim Shady said - windows down and system up!

Might be a silly question but I’m going to ask anyway.

In regards to :
When using your phone as the key.

Does the phone have to be unlocked (faceid, watch in proximity etc) to unlock the car? How far away from the car does your phone have to be so that someone else can’t unlock or open the car?

My current car, and some Toyotas I drive (bletch!!) you can have the key fob in your pocket when you touch the door handle and it unlocks but it seems to know where the fob is and if someone else touches a different door it doesn’t unlock.

I’m sure Tesla has thought of all this, but say if you park out the front of your house and your bedroom isn’t far away, is the car safe or do you need to manually lock it?

Might be a silly question but I’m going to ask anyway.

In regards to :
When using your phone as the key.

Does the phone have to be unlocked (faceid, watch in proximity etc) to unlock the car? How far away from the car does your phone have to be so that someone else can’t unlock or open the car?

My current car, and some Toyotas I drive (bletch!!) you can have the key fob in your pocket when you touch the door handle and it unlocks but it seems to know where the fob is and if someone else touches a different door it doesn’t unlock.

I’m sure Tesla has thought of all this, but say if you park out the front of your house and your bedroom isn’t far away, is the car safe or do you need to manually lock it?
What you are describing is Car Relay Attack where thieves attempt to remotely clone your security device, fob or phone in this case, to unlock your car and steal it. All Teslas have an option to turn on PIN to Drive, where you have to enter a 4 digit PIN into the touch screen before the car will go into drive.

What you are describing is Car Relay Attack where thieves attempt to remotely clone your security device, fob or phone in this case, to unlock your car and steal it. All Teslas have an option to turn on PIN to Drive, where you have to enter a 4 digit PIN into the touch screen before the car will go into drive.
Cool thanks for the info. I guess I am just concerned that if where my phone is at night is too close to the car, someone could just walk up to it and open the doors and steal stuff etc.
I guess I could set an automation to disable Bluetooth connections to the car or the Tesla app while my phone is in sleep focus… hmm will have to try and remember to test that.
I was just curious how you guys manage that or if it’s not really an issue :)

Reactions: X Æ A-12