Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No worries.
Fingers crossed :)
I did ask whether he was suggesting my car would come with these changes or if they would be in the next production run.

I agree with the two reverse lights. My current VW only has a single and I’ve always found it a little odd and less safe.
According to some sources the cars bound for here haven't left yet. But then there's the counter argument that they have.
I was told Mid Feb - Early March just this morning for Brisbane arrival.
An educated guess would say 13 days on the boat and then 2 weeks (roughly) to get from Port Kembla to Brisbane. So maybe there will be a ship leaving in say the next 5-7 days?

Multiple people on FB reporting similar calls - names omitted for privacy - certainly a mixture of comments. Note particularly one mentions dual rear window paines, the other mentions premium audio!

1642136259719.png

1642136213911.png

Just ordered a 2022 M3P to replace my 2019 M3P. Those latest upgrades sound good, although with ours being a 2019, there are heaps more differences which have been introduced over the last 2.5 years, so looking forward to an upgraded 3 when it arrives.
Had originally negotiated to sell the MS to son in law, but new MS wont be here till 2023, so now he's getting the 2019 M3P instead.
It will cost him more than the MS, but not sure how much, as haven't seen any used M3P's for sale.

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully this puts to bed all the conversations about the AMD chip being in the new cars.
I am also glad about the two reverse lights. Just a personal preference of mine to have two.
The items listed were:
- AMD processor
- Lithium ion battery
- heated wipers
- two reverse lights
I ordered my M3LR 2 days on 14 Nov 2021, 2 days after yours. I got a call a few days ago saying to expect a VIN soon. I asked about the AMD chip and they said they're not sure as it was being slowly rolled out between now and the end of Q2.

Once a VIN is allocated to the order it should be possible to get a definitive answer about what the car has. Seems to me the upgrades are worth cancelling the order and going to the back of the queue for. I only paid $150 for the order fee - which is now $350, however I noted the price of the M3LR has been reduced by $200 from when I ordered it.

it almost sounds like a wish list…

Yeah don't know what happened with the Premium Audio being in all new models delivered FB post. There was someone who said they checked with their SA that told them that then someone who was adamantly saying no and that they had checked with another SA, then the OP said he rang someone else up at Tesla Brighton who also confirmed it again. Then the post was withdrawn completely, so possibly confirmed it wasn't a thing or just didn't want to deal with the angry people saying no.

The only part I heard was actually more or less confirmed was one less speaker in the LR.

I think it's a bit far fetched to expect premium audio in the M3 RWD, would give it very little chance. Ryzen is looking more and more chance to be in all cars that's the main thing I think.

Reactions: Chuq
Exciting times, regarding potential new chip and L-ion battery updates for all new orders, fingers crossed! Heated windscreen wipers don't really offer much for me in QLD, but I suppose I might travel down to the snow at some point. Heated wipers sound like they might be more expensive to replace wiper blades and an extra thing to go wrong? perhaps they can be swapped out for non heated ones when they need to be replaced?

Anyone know which ship/s to be looking out for leaving Shanghai in the next week or so? It appears that the consensus is Morning Clara isn't carrying any Tesla's. What are the other usual ships to be looking out for?

*EDIT* found in an old thread a couple of ships:
Tokyo Car - Headed for Shanghai, ETA Jan 19th
Morning Crystal - Headed for Shanghai, ETA Jan 24th

Last edited: