Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I herad from a friend in Japan that he ordered his car on 2nd March and get vin 14 May and will be delivered his car in mid Jun.
Japanese customer are receiving theirs from Shanghai factory as well.
This means AU-NZ market is lower priority than EU and Japan.

FYI - On the Australian Tesla site, the Tesla model 3 is not longer advertised with radar (ultra sonic sensors). This was not the case a few months ago. Looks like the new deliveries will come with Tesla Vision.
So the 12 ultrasonic sensors on the front and rear bumpers no longer in place for proximity ?

Also the front facing radar behind the front bumper was dropped from new builds and not used for autopilot features / FSD capabilities - for new and old cars

Last edited:
So I decided to finance half the cost of my M3 as a means to build credit rating (I haven't had debt in 10+ years).

Went with Macquarie on the 2.99%. Got the finance approved three months ago. So yesterday my rep sent me the form to renew it for another three months. That's fine. But should the car not arrive by then, it'll lapse entirely and I'll have to reapply, at which point it'll likely be on 3.99%.

With my EDD of Aug - Nov there is a high probability it will not arrive before the finance lapses.

I emailed my SA about this and was just told 'we don't control Macquarie.' Yes, obviously. I've asked if its possible to get the invoice earlier and process everything.

Anyone got any tips or experience on this situation?

FYI - On the Australian Tesla site, the Tesla model 3 is not longer advertised with radar (ultra sonic sensors). This was not the case a few months ago. Looks like the new deliveries will come with Tesla Vision.

Yeah Lidar/Radar sensors haven't been in builds since 2021 - Tesla Vision is the way of the future (and apparently the root of all Phantom breaking evil) and Basically what Fazza said.

Teslarati - Tesla Vision Website update - Perhaps the Aussie WebAdmins finally got around to doing some updates?

So I decided to finance half the cost of my M3 as a means to build credit rating (I haven't had debt in 10+ years).

Went with Macquarie on the 2.99%. Got the finance approved three months ago. So yesterday my rep sent me the form to renew it for another three months. That's fine. But should the car not arrive by then, it'll lapse entirely and I'll have to reapply, at which point it'll likely be on 3.99%.

With my EDD of Aug - Nov there is a high probability it will not arrive before the finance lapses.

I emailed my SA about this and was just told 'we don't control Macquarie.' Yes, obviously. I've asked if its possible to get the invoice earlier and process everything.

Oooh.. I can't help there . I've got a loan for 2 cars already approved and growing a beard waiting for cars to arrive. Maybe I should invest short term.

Customer shortage comment? Can't see that in the story.
Click on 'read full article' then on 'conversations'
Screenshot_20220531-102101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Generally the loan agreement is against the value of the asset, so with no asset in your possession, the finance company won’t give you the money.

I herad from a friend in Japan that he ordered his car on 2nd March and get vin 14 May and will be delivered his car in mid Jun.
Japanese customer are receiving theirs from Shanghai factory as well.
This means AU-NZ market is lower priority than EU and Japan.
This has been covered a number of times in this thread - suggest going back through the pages and reading.

Japan and EU have fleet emission standards where Tesla can sell credits to other manufacturers looking to offset their fleet averages. It's essentially extra profit for Tesla to deliver cars to these markets instead of AU or NZ. Another reason could be with the Shanghai lockdown they will want as many cars delivered by quarter end as possible, Japan being a shorter journey means more cars off the books by end of June.