Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They'll arrive when they'll arrive. No amounts of gnashing of one's teeth or "demanding to speak to Tesla's manager" is going to make a difference.

Shower thought this morning. It rubs me the wrong way seeing people getting genuinely upset that their $60-$100K luxury car is taking a long time to get to them. In the grand scheme, such a first world problem. For perspective, if this is the worst thing to happen to us this year then it's a pretty darned good year as things go.

It's okay to be disappointed, but if that goes beyond "oh no. Anyway..." then people need their perspective fixed.
Agreed, whining is one thing but appreciation is always what my attitude to Tesla

Reactions: T-S-L-A
My build date is 30/6
Yeah i know. But the fact remains they have barely worked through the backlog in terms of vin allocations so far. Which is the issue needing to be addressed.

If the move is to say "we did build cars for Australia" (no numbers provided). And then only provide 4 days of orders, that's pretty underhanded behaviour and is wholly addressing Tesla's optics, not remediating the very easy to understand issue: The entire backlog. In addition to what @Draco described.

The reason it annoys me is because i am paying a company tens of thousands of dollars to treat me (and all of us) like a moron while relying on this cult-esque refusal of fan boys to criticise them (like people would any corporation). Basically any other company that ships things will bother to establish, explain and attempt to remedy an issue.

Tesla basically serves it's own interests, refuses to serve the customers and then gaslights from there on in.

Reactions: Draco
Right I'm adding this thread to my list things to stop obsessively checking 😝.
Seriously wish Tesla just had better communication. If they came out and said you're getting your car in October sorry about all the delays, that would be fine. But this August to November and no further contact or indication what's going on is frustrating.
This is what I reckon too. In Tesla China, the sa was able to give you your position in the queue, and that will give you almost 80% accuracy to indicate which month (or a range between two months) the car will be delivered. In here, the sales seem to know less than an average person on this forum.

Reactions: Draco
Here is some media coverage for us
See this article is the problem (not you, Jack). The December orders simply weren't outside Tesla's control. Nor are any others really. They do have the full ability to set aside a week of production for Australian Model 3s and address the problem. Maybe China gets 5000 less cars for a single quarter. Which i think is fair at this point.

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
Fair cop, guv. Helpful, it was not.
You may want to "rein" in your
I can’t understand all these “suspension to stiff/harsh” comments. I’ve had my M3P with the stiffest suspension and the 20” wheels for 3 weeks now, and it’s just right, or in fact, perfect.
In my opinion, anything softer would feel like a blancmange around corners and wallow over undulations.
Your signature should be made a template for members. Very informative.

See this article is the problem (not you, Jack). The December orders simply weren't outside Tesla's control. Nor are any others really. They do have the full ability to set aside a week of production for Australian Model 3s and address the problem. Maybe China gets 5000 less cars for a single quarter. Which i think is fair at this point.
But I think this is the problem for Australia, Tesla know we have zero options and they know they won't lose any sales as we don't have any other options unlike China or in UK where they risk of losing sales for delays. Even with low delivery rates they hold more than 50% of EV registrations year to date

Last edited:
Reactions: Gokk
I can’t understand all these “suspension to stiff/harsh” comments. I’ve had my M3P with the stiffest suspension and the 20” wheels for 3 weeks now, and it’s just right, or in fact, perfect.
In my opinion, anything softer would feel like a blancmange around corners and wallow over undulations.
Your signature should be made a template for members. Very informative.

How many amps should I put in??

Thanks 😊
It depends on what your breaker switch in your fuse box is set up for. Our car is garaged off the house and the garage has a separate fuse box with the breaker at 32amps, so I set it to 31amps. We‘d have to lay more wire to get a higher amperage, but at this stage will see how we go once we get the car and see if we need to go to that extra expense.

Reactions: Ssjimmy3
BTW the "Your signature should be made a template for another member :oops:. Very informative" remark was supposed to be for another member. Glad you took the yellow card on the chin without a dummy spit.
Nah. He was right. I mean, i maintain it was funny, but can see how it came across as an attack. Despite it not being so.

I debate when people who don't want to complain arc up at others for not having their exact perspective. And i think the Australian M3 waiting room is the exact place to discuss our perspective on waiting for an M3 in Australia. 🙂