Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed! But the mix of RHD and LHD in the video has me thinking that maybe switching from LHD to RHD isn't the big issue we had envisaged.
Of course, they would be used to and have the demo'd capacity to do double the movement off the lot with Y line running. So it could be the case that 1/3 of total production meeting the full logistics = empty lot.

But then the VIN allocation numbers don't match and the LHDs existing in the vid mean full production isn't dedicated to RHD.

In my mind, the balance of evidence leans toward not that many made for us before M3 line shut down. And am deeply skeptical of these SAs saying "ships and ships of M3s" Still 9 days to go though. Would love Tesla to prove me wrong!

Thanks for that!

Should we be worried that Tom will increase the allocation of cars to China?
Not sure. He seems pretty down the line after watching some interviews with him. He doesn't shy away from saying he exports to Australia in Chinese state media at all. He probably actually has a far better work ethic. He seems to pride himself on speed and efficiency for the customer. And studied in NZ! Better to have an engineer in charge of logistics than a US Exec in my opinion. Puts manufacturing in the fore rather than stock price.

And now Australian execs report to the factory! That's the comms channel that was seemingly missing.

It depends on what your breaker switch in your fuse box is set up for. Our car is garaged off the house and the garage has a separate fuse box with the breaker at 32amps, so I set it to 31amps. We‘d have to lay more wire to get a higher amperage, but at this stage will see how we go once we get the car and see if we need to go to that extra expense.
Actually the number of amps you should put in is determined by the capacity of the connection your electrician installed for you. Under the Aus/NZ Wiring Rules, for a continuous load, and EV charging is considered a continuous load, you should not exceed 80% of the breakers capacity. So in the above example no more than 24Amps. I suggest @Ssjimmy3 calls his electrician and asks him what the correct charging amps are for the settings on his wall connector.

Had you checked yesterday and had no VIN or is this new today? What's the first four of the last six digits? Those will define whether its recent build.
I even checked it this morning and it wasn't updated. I have a chrome extention installed which notifies me when a Vin is assigned and I got a notice when I refreshed the page few moment ago.