Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, fist time poster wanted to get some advice on when to expect delivery or even a vin allocated. They said when I ordered the car that I should arrive end of feb early march, is this still the case? Thanks

Sydney
M3SR White/White 19 inch
OD: 15/12/21
Get in touch with your Tesla rep on Monday. They should now know if your car is on either ship. Mine already knows in what order they will be transported to Brisbane from Port Kembla (Morning Midas) and approx date of arrival in Brisbane.

The Morning Midas has just crossed into NSW batteling 3m seas and 30knot headwinds. It's crawling at 10 knots

Mid0602.jpg

Last edited:
LR with NRMA $850 year or $1,100 for unlimited hire car, no excess window claims etc. I have other policies with them so discounted because of that.
I did an online quote to see what it would be for my M3P with NRMA.

No driving history issue, lots of policies with them and mine came to $2300 for $95k cover, no other listed driver, $850 excess. No windscreen excess and 14 days hire. Any repairer.

Last edited:
You ordered 7 days after me and I have the same spec. I have vin allocated already but considering the timing there is a good chance your is also on 1 of the 2 ships inbound
The vin allocation system has very little to do with your order date, only with what has been built.

we do know not all vins are allocated yet, and we are yet to find out if more are being built now the factory has returned to production after the new year break.

I did an online quote to see what it would be for my M3P with NRMA.

No driving history issue, lots of policies with them and mine came to $2300 for $95k cover, no other listed driver, $850 excess. No windscreen excess and 14 days hire. Any repairer.
When I looked a couple of months back GIO had the best insurance for my LR M3 that I could find. It was $1,029, that's without any discounts for multiple services with them. When my car comes in the next couple of weeks I may get a quote for the car and house insurance combined to see what I can get. No idea how DrewBytes got $850, I have other services with NRMA and my quote was also over 2k.

When I looked a couple of months back GIO had the best insurance for my LR M3 that I could find. It was $1,029, that's without any discounts for multiple services with them. When my car comes in the next couple of weeks I may get a quote for the car and house insurance combined to see what I can get. No idea how DrewBytes got $850, I have other services with NRMA and my quote was also over 2k.
Insurance premiums have a lot to do with insured location, security, garaged etc and driver age and claim history.
I recently got an NRMA quote for a M3LR which came in at $598 with a $2000 excess and included glass protection.
Ive been using them for 8 years now so have a 12.5% loyalty and 60% discounts, zero accident history and I guess live in a safer, low theft location.

Reactions: DrewBytes
Insurance premiums have a lot to do with insured location, security, garaged etc and driver age and claim history.
I recently got an NRMA quote for a M3LR which came in at $598 with a $2000 excess and included glass protection.
Ive been using them for 8 years now so have a 12.5% loyalty and 60% discounts, zero accident history and I guess live in a safer, low theft location.
Insurance quotes are essentially voodoo as far as I'm concerned. NRMA quotes for me personally came in around the 1.5k mark. Parked in a locked garage on the North Shore. Zero accident history. They then quoted me $1200 after the quote expired. $598 seems like a dream.

Edit: Just did a third quote - and it's $3160. Nothing changed for generating the quote, just a different day, different price. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosesvii

Indeed. Just for general comparison, I did a few online quotes with RACT (Tasmania). Comparing with my existing car. Note my existing policy (combined house/contents/car) is paid monthly so that's what my figures represent, but there's an annual cost (slightly cheaper for paying annually) also listed.

v9dv5fX.png

Reactions: ricey_70
Sorry that I may have missed this, but does anyone know for sure that the Model 3 RWD would come with MCU3 AMD chips?

I had my VIN assigned to me before Australia Day on the final invoice, showing building date 10/01.
More than likely yes. Tesla reps have been consistent on this so far, although usual disclaimer that SAs can be unreliable with the truth.

Additionally a RWD in transit to Perth showed up in inventory briefly last week, where some digging around showed “VC01” option code. This likely indicates Ryzen onboard.

More than likely yes. Tesla reps have been consistent on this so far, although usual disclaimer that SAs can be unreliable with the truth.

Additionally a RWD in transit to Perth showed up in inventory briefly last week, where some digging around showed “VC01” option code. This likely indicates Ryzen onboard.
Thanks for the info, it's just LR owners are having range reduced message showing up once logged in, I've not seen one.

Meaning LFP is enduring AMD Ryzen's power hunger and still providing claimed range which is remarkable?

Does being on Finance affect the insurance premium? If so, roughly by how much % extra?
I'm on finance and my lowest quote is about $970 with a $3k excess and no windscreen or hire car so far. Probably taking GIO at this stage $1300 for platinum (with $1400 excess) - which includes both unlimited hire car and windscreen (but with this excess the windscreen is probably pretty useless)