Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just joined the back of the line for my M3. Ordered 1 week before they extended out to 5-7 months.
Figured I'd come here and find others waiting for their M3 to be delivered, because you know, misery loves company :)

I know my wife is already sick of hearing me count down the days - and I'm working on 20 weeks max based on what my account says.
Hope to learn some good stuff here whilst i wait.

cheers
Mick

M3 RWD
OD: 8/2/22
Grey/Black
Sydney
Welcome to the waiting game.
Both here and the Vedaprime service offer huge amounts of knowledge while you wait for your new car.

You are in for a bit of a wait but at least we will never get sick of you counting down the days. We can all count them down together :)

Reactions: Benzz
The manual also states
"Model 3 has one of the most sophisticated battery systems in the world. The most important way to preserve the high voltage Battery is to LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it. "

Note that the capitals were not me, it is written in the manual as such.
You are taking my post out of context, I said "plugged in at 100% 24/7", not "plugged in 24/7".

Anyway, who cares? Do whatever you want with your car.

Cheers. I reported it.
It may not be a breach of the Tesla purchase contract however, the law isn't always clear cut as my lawyer daughter always tells me. There are such things as to why the law needs to exist and whether the said breach is within the Spirit of such law.
In the end I wouldn't like to see this forum being used as a trading post for vehicles unless of course they want to start a classified section, then go for it.

The Contract between TESLA and the purchaser is not the law, it governs the relationship between the two parties. The law, in this case, is actually clear cut, as the sale of a motor vehicle is not prohibited. Maybe Tesla can argue a breach of contract here. But for this forum, I would suggest this is irrelevant.

From my point of view, it is highly impractical to adopt a policy that any breach of a tesla contract has ramifications for discussions in this forum. You have to censor any discussion that revolves around the potential breach of any tesla contract, terms of use of the Tesla website, and so on.

Better would be to either move the post to a trading subforum or just to ignore the post.

A fair point could otherwise be made why other potential breaches of tesla's rights are accepted, and this one is not. All discussions around AliExpress accessories that potentially breach tesla Copyrights such as the use of the Tesla Logo etc. would equally breach teslas terms. After all, Tesla includes the tesla logos and other items in which it holds a Trademark/copyright and explicitly states that it reserves its rights in relation that these.

Welcome to the waiting game.
Both here and the Vedaprime service offer huge amounts of knowledge while you wait for your new car.

You are in for a bit of a wait but at least we will never get sick of you counting down the days. We can all count them down together :)
1645423694695.jpeg

I drove back to Canberra from Melbourne today and passed 2 trucks (that I saw) with 6 Model 3 each on board. Some lucky peoples wait is almost over. I didn't take notice of wheels to guess which versions they were.

I would imagine there were more trucks carrying Teslas, but I did take a few breaks and likely missed some.

I'm generally not a fan of scalpers, but the end of the day, somebody wanting to on-sell their brand new car is not my business. I don't know their circumstances or why they want to sell the car. I would imagine a proper scalper would try to get more than $2000 out of it though.

Still, the person seems to want the prospective new buyer to pay Tesla the price of the motor vehicle directly and then $2000 to them. At that stage, Tesla would receive money purportedly from the original reservation holder, and will register the vehicle under their name. Sounds like a very risky proposition for the new buyer if you ask me.

In any case, I don't think it's appropriate for this thread. As others have mentioned, they're welcome to advertise it somewhere else, say a classifieds thread.

The Contract between TESLA and the purchaser is not the law, it governs the relationship between the two parties. The law, in this case, is actually clear cut, as the sale of a motor vehicle is not prohibited. Maybe Tesla can argue a breach of contract here. But for this forum, I would suggest this is irrelevant.

From my point of view, it is highly impractical to adopt a policy that any breach of a tesla contract has ramifications for discussions in this forum. You have to censor any discussion that revolves around the potential breach of any tesla contract, terms of use of the Tesla website, and so on.

Better would be to either move the post to a trading subforum or just to ignore the post.

A fair point could otherwise be made why other potential breaches of tesla's rights are accepted, and this one is not. All discussions around AliExpress accessories that potentially breach tesla Copyrights such as the use of the Tesla Logo etc. would equally breach teslas terms. After all, Tesla includes the tesla logos and other items in which it holds a Trademark/copyright and explicitly states that it reserves its rights in relation that these.
Yeah, I think I misquoted her from something I saw on NCIS or the like, haha, I don't tend to listen when she gets all smart on me. Its all good I am sure the mods will work it out.

You are taking my post out of context, I said "plugged in at 100% 24/7", not "plugged in 24/7".

Anyway, who cares? Do whatever you want with your car.
No problem, I didn't think I took anything out of context. Just sharing info and I would like to think that the manufacturer's advice should be the go too when giving advice and not an opinion. There are a lot of smarter people in the world than me.

I'm sure most of us have asked the same questions again and again here — and that's OK, that's what the thread is for! But if you'd like to turn the thread into a game, I adapted a post on the FB group into a bingo card. Enjoy! (Original post: Tesla Model 3 & Y Australia
comment_id=1933810226799129&notif_id=1645224459450467&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_follow)

View attachment 771077
I guess we gotta add a new line for scalpers to this bingo board now 😐