Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get too overly excited @Azure7 and @trippa, that status comes and goes like the wind. I have had it show as 8-12 weeks when I ordered in Dec 2021, then switched to 14-20 weeks, then disappeared, then back to 8-12 weeks, then my ordered was officially delayed to Q2, then it disappeared (showing nothing now).
ah yes! to be honest i think they've done this so you know that wait time boat you're in. When i go to manage account through teslas website it doesnt say anything about delivery.

anyone else without an EDD now have this message ? For me it’s an update 🤣 i like it saying 5-7 instead of it just being blank!

Also if you’re in perth join the discord!
Nope 😭 no change yet. It would be nice to even see that change!

Given the new model 3 price increases, for the people in South Australia, the base model 3 no longer applies for the government rebates

Base model $68,883
Max value for rebates $68,750

Fyi no sms for SA delivery yet
Does the cut off for rebates apply to the pre-onroads price?

Tesla still shows the rebate:

1647328383902.png

Don't get too overly excited @Azure7 and @trippa, that status comes and goes like the wind. I have had it show as 8-12 weeks when I ordered in Dec 2021, then switched to 14-20 weeks, then disappeared, then back to 8-12 weeks, then my ordered was officially delayed to Q2, then it disappeared (showing nothing now).
I'm also waiting on a LR ordered a few days before you but no one has officially mentioned delays. Hope you don't mind my asking but what did you receive for you to say that your order was officially delayed to Q2?

Delays in manufacturing are across the board at the moment. If it's got a computer in it - there's almost certainly a delay.
I work for a Medical Device company and we have major delays on our capital equipment. Pretty much anyone buying any high value item wants it now and doesn't want to wait; but there is nothing that can be done. We want to supply our customers as fast as possible - just as I assume Telsa does too.

Unfortunately there is a huge delay and the only real info that can be provided before you have a VIN is what's on the order screen. Your SA won't have some guy in the factory who he can talk to about when the cars will come - it'll still be...the lead time on the website.

I'm actually impressed that Tesla has a lead time that updates on their website. Most car manufacturers don't have that and it would be highly unlikely that they would bother updating it. I've seen it move twice since I ordered making me think it's perfectly integrated into their CRM system. Best in class service, in my opinion, for the New Car Industry.

And yes. - I too am impatient and want my car now.
As if the current manufacturing delays were not enough, here is another news of a China wide lockdown. Will have to wait and watch the impact of this on our delivery timelines.

I'm also waiting on a LR ordered a few days before you but no one has officially mentioned delays. Hope you don't mind my asking but what did you receive for you to say that your order was officially delayed to Q2?
@ShireSparkles, my SA rang to deliver the bad news. Quite a few others got the same call from their SA... basically those who ordered in Q4 2021 and still not assigned a VIN are unfortunately looking at Q2 production. The reason given was Tesla significantly underestimated the number of AU orders for LR and P models and didn't have sufficient production in Q1 2022, hence pushing it into Q2.

@ShireSparkles, my SA rang to deliver the bad news. Quite a few others got the same call from their SA... basically those who ordered in Q4 2021 and still not assigned a VIN are unfortunately looking at Q2 production. The reason given was Tesla significantly underestimated the number of AU orders for LR and P models and didn't have sufficient production in Q1 2022, hence pushing it into Q2.
Many thanks. You have put my mind at rest. I wish my SA was as informative.

FYI i have a contact at a vehicle logistics company in brisbane that have the Tesla contract and i just heard that they are moving Teslas from tomorrow until the end of the week, they will be moving 24 to Hendra each day.
Hope this helps the sleuthing
**Update

My contact has confirmed that my tesla is scheduled for pickup on Friday morning from PK and once it arrives in the brisbane holding yard (within a day) it will be transferred to the Hendra Delivery centre. He told me that his company has commited to deliver to Hendra on the 21st.

I HAVE NOT received my delivery text message yet, so it's very possible that people with their cars from Morning Clara have already been booked for transport.