Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reactions: DrWaffles90
Hmmm… China is wrestling with a very slippery snake this time around. Omicron is too transmissible to be stopped with lockdowns, because even the few emergency, official and essential services personnel allowed out and about is still enough to continue to spread it to the wider population. That wasn’t the case with the original virus, or Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or Delta.

So I’m sceptical that this lockdown will be short and that Shanghai will return to anything like normal any time soon. So sorry to those who recently ordered a Model 3 🙁. China will have to basically wave the white flag and rely on vaccination to prevent a health meltdown like most of the rest of the world now has.

But I might be wrong.

Hmmm… China is wrestling with a very slippery snake this time around. Omicron is too transmissible to be stopped with lockdowns, because even the few emergency, official and essential services personnel allowed out and about is still enough to continue to spread it to the wider population. That wasn’t the case with the original virus, or Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or Delta.

So I’m sceptical that this lockdown will be short and that Shanghai will return to anything like normal any time soon. So sorry to those who recently ordered a Model 3 🙁. China will have to basically wave the white flag and rely on vaccination to prevent a health meltdown like most of the rest of the world now has.

But I might be wrong.
This is true.

The other angle is how pissed off Shanghainese are. The basis of the social contract China has with its people is 'give us your freedom and we will ensure you have food and abundance' - to the point where it informs a great deal of day to day culture. This situation is a pretty major fault in that agreement as many people in lockdown in Shanghai are going hungry.*

There is talk of brewing unrest, and it may be enough that CCP decides to ease lockdown faster than they would have, for fear of stoking flame.

*This is a really complex topic so a lot of nuance here has been lost due to the brevity of this post.

Reactions: Loxmyf and penn_
I had a question about the 'next steps before delivery'. The salesman I spoke to when ordering in the store said that I would receive a final invoice before delivery. Do I need to pay anything more than the $350 initial deposit to progress my order, get a VIN, and then be sent the final invoice?

I can't see anything in the order agreement about a 5-10% deposit or anything, that some other car manufactures require. It's been 5 months and everyone else a lot of other people on here that ordered around the same as me seem to at least have a VIN assigned, if not picked up their car. So just want to make sure I haven't been skipped because I missed a step in the process. My account says the next steps are submit final payment, but I can't see a final invoice, only the Order agreement. Do I need to send the payment from the order agreement to get assigned a car and progress to the delivery step?
2022-04-11 09_26_25-Window.png

*EDIT: I don't know how to do the signature thing that everyone else has, so here are my order details:
Brisbane - Model 3 LR | Order date: 15/11/2021 | VIN: N/A | Delivery: N/A

I had a question about the 'next steps before delivery'. The salesman I spoke to when ordering in the store said that I would receive a final invoice before delivery. Do I need to pay anything more than the $350 initial deposit to progress my order, get a VIN, and then be sent the final invoice?
Nope, that's all you need to do. The VIN won't appear until sometime after the cars are manufactured for the quarter - this would have been about now, but for the Shanghai lockdown.

I can't see anything in the order agreement about a 5-10% deposit or anything, that some other car manufactures require. It's been 5 months and everyone else a lot of other people on here that ordered around the same as me seem to at least have a VIN assigned, if not picked up their car. So just want to make sure I haven't been skipped because I missed a step in the process. My account says the next steps are submit final payment, but I can't see a final invoice, only the Order agreement. Do I need to send the payment from the order agreement to get assigned a car and progress to the delivery step?
View attachment 792226

*EDIT: I don't know how to do the signature thing that everyone else has, so here are my order details:
As you currently only have a count of 6 postings, access to all features may not be available, but as you post more times the available features will be unlocked. To edit your signature tap on your profile icon at the top of the page and in the dialogue box tap the settings icon that is a head with a cog wheel, this will reveal the list of profile settings you can change, including your signature.

Reactions: garylovesbeer
There are quite a few who ordered in Nov/Dec 2021, primarily LR and P models who have missed out on Q1 2022 deliveries. I myself and quite a few on here are on the same boat as you. So yes, we were "skipped" but not due to any fault of our own. Hopefully our orders will be fulfilled in Q2 2022.

There are quite a few who ordered in Nov/Dec 2021, primarily LR and P models who have missed out on Q1 2022 deliveries. I myself and quite a few on here are on the same boat as you. So yes, we were "skipped" but not due to any fault of our own. Hopefully our orders will be fulfilled in Q2 2022.

I am hoping so too, along with those ordering early 2022. If not, well, that's life.