Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They first prioritised RWD during deliveries last quarter and now with this quarter, they are also assigning more VINs for RWD and less for LR & P.
If i knew this was going to happen, I would've just ordered a RWD.
Don't forget they are now prioritising the Y over the M3 (yes I know different line but still a kick in the guts to the M3 people well past their original EDD)

Don't forget they are now prioritising the Y over the M3 (yes I know different line but still a kick in the guts to the M3 people well past their original EDD)

I agree. They could have also done this with communication by affirming something to the people waiting on their M3 and indicating that VINs will be allocated to us soon, etc.
But no, just pin drop silence from Tesla

I will have claimed all of the purchase before then (probably all in the first year), so I will have avoided all of the FBT on this purchase, even if it changes in three years time.
FBT doesn't work that way. The FBT is levied on the value of the benefit, as it's supplied. The benefit in this case being the use of a company-owned vehicle for private purposes, which continues for as long as the company makes the vehicle available.

Obviously check with your accountant though!

Reactions: BareFeetTom
This claim about prioritising Y over 3 continues to make zero sense. They are effectively unrelated
Yes different production line that is it. How would you feel if you ordered a M3 in December, 8 to 12 week EDD. Missed FY22 Q3 delivery, missed FY22Q4, new EDD of late FY23 Q1 or FY23 Q2. Then Tesla advises orders for MY starting in June, to be fulfilled in August. People start to get VIN's 1 month after ordering. M3 orders that are well past original EDD still don't have anything. So yes unrelated in terms of production, but rather than advising M3 customers why they are delayed they have just introduced a new model that you can get quick.

This claim about prioritising Y over 3 continues to make zero sense. They are effectively unrelated
that's right given if there is no shortage in parts since 3 and Y shares majority of the parts. They have different production line, General assembly 1 (M3) and General assembly 2 (MY). 3 shifts assigned to each production line working around the clock.

I guess the only thing I can think of is at the delivery capacity, there are only so many cars can be shipped in one carrier. Now M3 delivery needs to share the carrier with MY.

Reactions: Ormaus
Unlike other manufacturers, you are not placing an order for a Tesla but reserving one of their allocated matched vehicles.
IMHO, it's simple math. They took more reservations than vehicle allocations they had available. Tesla then pretend that they don't know what's going on. Do they think we are stupid? You can't even run a corner milk bar, if you don't know what's going on with your ordering process let alone this larger company called Tesla! That's my rant over. It's easier to vent here than to my wife. Thanks for listening
Must have missed that section where is says "you are not placing an order for a Tesla but reserving one of their allocated matched vehicles". The closest thing to it in the contract is the following,

"If you are purchasing a new vehicle, after you submit your completed order and the options you selected become available in production, we will begin the process of matching your order to a vehicle and coordinating your Vehicle delivery."

...which is not what you are claiming. It's, in fact, the opposite. You are not reserving an "allocated matched vehicle". They are saying, when we build a vehicle that matches what you ordered we'll supply the vehicle.