Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Viking Passama could also do the job ...
Early in my ship spotting adventure I learned that most RORO ship can carry about 5000 cars, and some newer ones upto 8000cars. However that space is shered with all sorts of machinery {Forklifts esp} and other makes. Regardless, any one of those three ship Clara, Passama, Crystal COULD do the whole job.
More likely, i think [unsubstantiated] our "fleet" of cars will be spread over each of those vessels.

Reactions: axelfair89
Maybe my maths is crooked, but the lock down only caused 0.64 months of loss production(from the production number published). I order Feb with 14-20 weeks delivery so supposed to be May-Jul. Now it looks like Sep-Nov…That’s a delay of 4 months. Where did the lost time/M3 production go? I know, I am getting inpatient … :(

What you said makes much business sense, as even if they re-started their production on the 6th of August, they won't be able to deliver to us before the end of September. It is better for Tesla to manufacture for local markets which could be delivered within days.

I guess we can only hope for November deliveries now. My Model Y performance might be able to deliver before the Model 3.
Produce in 6th August to 14th August window, Load on the Paglia (Arrives shanghai 14th August) float thier way to arrive Port Kembla on the 3rd September, and transhipped cars to Fremantle on the 14th. Seems like plenty of time to get to customers by End of Sept/quarter.

Queried the person I am dealing with for my novated lease and he mentioned that he was not sure if it will apply to vehicles 'ordered' before 1st July, anyone seen a draft? Hoping it will be otherwise will have to think about reordering if it saved $400 a month
I went through the order agreement for the same reason and it clearly states you are only paying for an order to be placed and it is not a deposit on the car and the purchase of the car does not take place until delivery. So by my thinking we're safe. Also waiting for the legislation to become available next week...

Maybe my maths is crooked, but the lock down only caused 0.64 months of loss production(from the production number published). I order Feb with 14-20 weeks delivery so supposed to be May-Jul. Now it looks like Sep-Nov…That’s a delay of 4 months. Where did the lost time/M3 production go? I know, I am getting inpatient … :(
All the Australian production for the quarter takes place over only a few days, and it seems like the lockdown knocked an entire quarter's production for us on the head.

Reactions: NachoCheese
Provide order details online and i copy them onto the sheet - all mistakes and omissions mine 😯

Alternatively there is an AU Tracker here where you can enter/edit the details yourself:

Hey Guys
I ordered 24/2 RWD white on black standard wheels.

Do we think we will receive this before November? Just when my finance runs out in late October and don’t want to lost my rate :)

Thanks for your insights
I reckon we'll be ok. I ordered 23 Feb, same order as you. Late September I feel is doable. Let's cross our fingers

I GOT A VIN!!!
Can't believe this. I was so upset yesterday morning when I saw so many VIN allocations that I gave up checking until this morning!

I've updated my signature with the details and both forms.

Enjoy your Monday peeps!
Not really sure what updating signature means :( I’ve been seeing this on a few posts but never got a signing option/section. Anyone got a screenshot?

Not really sure what updating signature means :( I’ve been seeing this on a few posts but never got a signing option/section. Anyone got a screenshot?
You need to make a few posts first (5-10?) and then
1658130212536.png

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisAKAHydra