Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Crystal in tonight at 8pm (AEST) to pick up all those forklifts waiting on the docks? :)

1658542533082.png

Reactions: DrWaffles90
Optimistically, I'm hoping for some M3 RWD VINs this weekend. Hey, I'd even be happy if the VIN allocations didn't reach my order date of 19/2, as long as we see some movement this weekend for folks further back in the queue than me. At least we could all see some M3 RWD progress.

The above is my heart speaking. My brain says ... "Nope, not going to happen mate - it's looking like September"

BTW, it's 11:45. Only 45 minutes to go until 12:30. Stop it heart ... listen to your brain !!!
Currently those people with VINs have an EDD of first week of Sep. Add 3 weeks production shutdown and I don't think any of us RWD owners without VINs will be getting into a car before October at the very earliest. I need to stop looking at this forum for hope and just be zen about the car coming when it comes. That's a lot easier said than done though!

So...I just ducked into Tesla Parramatta NSW, as I was torn between whether to stick with the MSM or to change colour to Blue.
Whilst I was there, talked to 2 x SAs and they both said that Tesla bases production on Forecast not Build to Order (I think most know that by now but anyway). They both stated that realistically you should not think of the Model 3 Queue as 1 Queue but rather multiple different queues broken down by P, LR, RWD and then colours for each of the vehicle types. Your order date is only relative to the other people in your vehicle and colour type. Makes sense, most probably already knew this but just thought that I should pass on any tidbit of information that comes to light.

Bottom line - decided I liked the MSM best and am sticking with it. Based on the data we have from The Spreadsheet the last VIN for my queue is 1st Feb so it looks like I'm only a week off the Order Dates.

Last edited:
Currently those people with VINs have an EDD of first week of Sep. Add 3 weeks production shutdown and I don't think any of us RWD owners without VINs will be getting into a car before October at the very earliest. I need to stop looking at this forum for hope and just be zen about the car coming when it comes. That's a lot easier said than done though!
Perhaps @Vedaprime can give us some hope seeing as Tesla doesn't do communication?

So...I just ducked into Tesla Parramatta NSW, as I was torn between whether to stick with the MSM or to change colour to Blue.
Whilst I was there, talked to 2 x SAs and they both said that Tesla bases production on Forecast not Build to Order (I think most know that by now but anyway). They both stated that realistically you should not think of the Model 3 Queue as 1 Queue but rather multiple different queues broken down by P, LR, RWD and then colours for each of the vehicle types. Your order date is only relative to the other people in your vehicle and colour type. Makes sense, most probably already knew this but just thought that I should pass on any tidbit of information that comes to light.

Bottom line - decided I liked the MSM best and am sticking with it. Based on the data we have from https://m.pown.ee/tesla-anz-spreadsheet the last VIN for my queue is 1st Feb so it looks like I'm only a week off the Order Dates.
You got the link text and link URL around the wrong way :)

Cool info though, I wonder what this will mean in the coming months?

the shutdown resumes on the 8th August and they have been coming back earlier. The point of the shutdown is to increase production. So add that with another 3 ships to come possibly holding Tesla’s in August and September Adding teslas necessity to really fulfil Q1 orders by Q3 to avoid excessive backlog. Be very possible to be in a car before October

Bottom line - decided I liked the MSM best and am sticking with it
That's what I've ordered and the pictures look amazing.

I test drove a Model 3 two weeks ago and by chance it was a MSM and I feel in love with it even more. The darker colour makes the curves look sleeker, accented with the matte black trim. Perfect.

I feel like I am going to have to spend $250 on a black license plate to complete the look.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I feel like I am going to have to spend $250 on a black license plate to complete the look.
I’m going with a black NSW license plate as well I think. Nice contrast with the white paint. Someone gave me the idea from a few pages back!

Does anyone know how to arrange this via Tesla? Or do they all come with standard white ones and then change them ourselves?

No where near that much. My loan with Macquarie increased $14 a week ($60 month) with the jump from 2.99 to 4.99%. If the interest rate rise is causing anyone to rethink their purchase, then they probably shouldn't have been buying in the first place.
Seems I'm the only one who found your comment a bit judgy.

Why would you assume that people rethinking their purchase are doing so solely due to the increased interest rate on car finance??

Everyone's circumstances are different, but I think it's more likely that they are looking at the big picture and considering the cumulative, long term effects of inflation, increased cost of living (mortgage/rent, groceries, utilities, insurances) as well as potentially allowing for reduced wages if they've exceeded their sick leave entitlements or if there is job uncertainty. Particularly if they have a family to support.

Rethinking their Tesla purchase may not actually be about the car interest rate rise at all, but recognising that buying a Tesla is more of a *want* than a *need*, and deciding it's better to wait until rates and inflation have stabilised.

I actually think that's really smart.

Jason Yang has posted to Youtube with a video from Thursday:

And Wu Wa has posted a video from yesterday:

Both show the Y line back up with cars exiting the Y line and going through the test track to the final check building and then to the car park. 3 line is closed with no cars on the test track and the final checking centre building at the end of the 3 test track closed. This supports the reports of the 3 line closure for upgrades. Wu Wa notes as much in his text below the video. The car park is full of Y's being loaded on transporters.

I’m going with a black NSW license plate as well I think. Nice contrast with the white paint. Someone gave me the idea from a few pages back!

Does anyone know how to arrange this via Tesla? Or do they all come with standard white ones and then change them ourselves?
I asked my SA about mounting my personalised plates (NSW - Chatswood delivery) and he said they don't do this. You have to swap them yourself after delivery. The only time they will do it is if your trade-in has plates to be transferred. They will do that for you in that case. I've heard from people in Brisbane that Tesla there does mount personalised plates. So go figure.

Reactions: _ajs_