Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, found some F5 button savers ...

and

I wonder if I should install one of these and leave it running? Hey, it's the 21st century and we have computers for routine tasks, why not a Tesla auto refresh?

Hi trying to figure out the right plug to install for the future model Y. Using the mobile umc provided I understand it only supports single phase power. I’ve also read the onboard charger is limited to 15A. So does that mean there’s no point installing a 32A single phase plug?

Using the mobile umc provided I understand it only supports single phase power. I’ve also read the onboard charger is limited to 15A. So does that mean there’s no point installing a 32A single phase plug?
The onboard charger can do 32A single phase or 16A three phase.

And there are several suppliers in Australia that can sell you a 32A "tail" for the UMC, usually with a 5-pin plug so you can plug it into a standard three-phase socket (there's lots of them on PlugShare) - so it's worth installing one of those (5-pin 32A) even if you only have single phase at home.

• Helpful
Reactions: danwale and Ormaus
The onboard charger can do 32A single phase or 16A three phase.

And there are several suppliers in Australia that can sell you a 32A "tail" for the UMC, usually with a 5-pin plug so you can plug it into a standard three-phase socket (there's lots of them on PlugShare) - so it's worth installing one of those (5-pin 32A) even if you only have single phase at home.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-213000_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-213000_Tesla.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 78
Updates to my list. I said I would update it until I picked up my Tesla - currently looking like Tuesday :)

Updates to my list. I said I would update it until I picked up my Tesla - currently looking like Tuesday :)

You are doing and have done an absolutely fine job. I would like to thank you all for your efforts and hope that everyone else here might join me in a round of applause 👏🏻

(With apologies to Paul Jabara and Paul Shaffer)

Humidity is rising (Hm, rising)
Barometer's getting low (How low, girl?)
According to all source code (What source code now?)
Wuwa’s the vid to show (We better speed it up)

'Cause today for the first time (First time)
Just about half-past twelve (Half-past twelve)
For the first time this quarter run
It's gonna start raining VINs (Start raining VINs)

It's raining VINs, hallelujah
It's raining VINs, amen
I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet

(With apologies to Paul Jabara and Paul Shaffer)

Humidity is rising (Hm, rising)
Barometer's getting low (How low, girl?)
According to all source code (What source code now?)
Wuwa’s the vid to show (We better speed it up)

'Cause today for the first time (First time)
Just about half-past twelve (Half-past twelve)
For the first time this quarter run
It's gonna start raining VINs (Start raining VINs)

It's raining VINs, hallelujah
It's raining VINs, amen
I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself get
Absolutely soaking wet
The rain might make our Tesla's skid and mow down pedestrians