Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weren't the February RWD orders already in the "Aug-Nov" bucket at time of order? Which realistically always meant "either amongst the last of Q3 or amongst the first of Q4".
Depends. Am Mid Feb order, and my original date was not Aug to Nov, instead was "5- 7 months from order date" (AKA mid July to mid Sept).
App now shows Aug to Nov.
Given no VIN yet, am assuming it won't be Sept, more likely Oct/Nov, so not within the first window but potentially in the second window.

I just got the SMS about the SMS :)

“Tesla Update: Your Model 3 delivery is approaching, shortly, you will receive an SMS to schedule your Express Delivery appointment.

Please complete any outstanding items, if financing ensure your approval is secured and your lender is ready to settle the funds.

Final payment is due at least 48 hours prior to your Express Delivery.

View outstanding items, payments and any outstanding in your Tesla Account “
Me too, just got the SMS about the SMS . . . :)

Reactions: PcS000 and Redrum
Congratulations. I'm assuming these SMSes are for cars in Viking Passama.
Thanks. I am sorry, I dont know what ship mine was on as I never did the ship track thing.

Was too busy with the Accessory research & acquisition, VIN check, RAV registry, finance, Tesla sms's, SA management, forum F5'ing, mate management, Youtube watching, charging trepidation avoidance, App loading and wifey sum-checking all above. (Still have to get nails done blue apparently!)

I reckon it's easier to get a pilot's license.

But, yes, I think it was the Viking Passama.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am sorry, I dont know what ship mine was on as I never did the ship track thing.

Was too busy with the Accessory research & acquisition, VIN check, RAV registry, finance, Tesla sms's, SA management, forum F5'ing, mate management, Youtube watching, charging trepidation avoidance, App loading and wifey sum-checking all above. (Still have to get Blue nails done apparently!)

I reckon it's easier to get a pilot's license.

But, yes, I think it was the Viking Passama.
Me too same as Rob, except for the Blue nails, I think it was the Viking Passama.

My invoice got uploaded today, after receiving my VIN on the weekend. Exciting...
Congratulations! I’m thinking our cars were built on the same day, could you please share the build date on your invoice?

My VIN was also provided over the weekend but I’m still waiting for the invoice. EDD was updated this morning 4-18 Sep (was 16-30 Sep).

Cheers, Stan

Last edited:
Reactions: New Tech Bj
Thanks @garylovesbeer for the write up. I ageee on the lane positioning when using auto steer
As I’ve done a lot of motor racing, I tend to straighten curves out whenever I’m driving, wide at the entry, kiss the apex, and wide at the exit. Is the best was to prolong tyre life as well The auto pilot religiously stays in the centre of the white lines.
I reckon this maybe one of the reasons people say that tyre life is shorter tha ice cars

Asked the peeps I know getting a Y, said to check app.. no change, clicked on account...
Screenshot_20220815-124203_Firefox.jpg
Guess no car for me!

I reckon this maybe one of the reasons people say that tyre life is shorter tha ice cars
I think the fact that EVs are generally 10-30% heavier than an equivalent sized ICE, and the fact you have full torque from standstill till well after you've taken the chequered flag at the traffic light grand prix are far bigger factors..

One day I'll try chill mode, one day...

As a late February orderer I do keep reminding myself, through all the angst I experience via this thread, that my order is still well within the originally communicated delivery period
Are you sure about that? I ordered mid Feb as delivery times changed from 14-20 weeks to 5-7 months so even 7 months from your date would be end September and that aint gonna happen!