Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random Q… are you able to push delivery back by a few weeks due to being out of the country? I have an order which I expect early next year but have an international trip for 3 weeks over Xmas.
Not as far as I know. You may have to find a friend or relative who can collect for you. You could ask your SA for advice but so far it seems Tesla aren't too accommodating in this area.

looks like there will be 7 happy people in Queensland soon. I was driving home from work on M1 near Merrimac at 4:10PM today when I passed a full load of new Tesla model 3-s on the back of a truck. There were 5 white, 1 red and 1 blue on that truck. they were headed north, so most likely Brisbane or Southport Tesla or might go further north. Either way there will be a few happy people.

looks like there will be 7 happy people in Queensland soon. I was driving home from work on M1 near Merrimac at 4:10PM today when I passed a full load of new Tesla model 3-s on the back of a truck. There were 5 white, 1 red and 1 blue on that truck. they were headed north, so most likely Brisbane or Southport Tesla or might go further north. Either way there will be a few happy people.
I wonder how long from back of truck to delivery day they work on? Picking up my blue in 2 days. :)

Reactions: Polarxp and Ormaus
Yeah look we are done. We will be Oct/Nov.
Yeah I have to get off these forums for now. While I'm happy for all the delivery recipients, I'm massively disappointed that it doesn't look like we're going to see any RWD VINs for a couple of months. Orders are only slipping further behind; seems we were the victim of both lockdowns and shut-downs which leaves a bitter taste. I know I'll love the car when I get it, but this is doing my head in. Enjoy your toys, you fortunate few!

Yeah I have to get off these forums for now. While I'm happy for all the delivery recipients, I'm massively disappointed that it doesn't look like we're going to see any RWD VINs for a couple of months. Orders are only slipping further behind; seems we were the victim of both lockdowns and shut-downs which leaves a bitter taste. I know I'll love the car when I get it, but this is doing my head in. Enjoy your toys, you fortunate few!
Exactly my sentiment.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Not as far as I know. You may have to find a friend or relative who can collect for you. You could ask your SA for advice but so far it seems Tesla aren't too accommodating in this area.

This behaviour from Tesla. After stringing us along for months and months, such limited flexibility is given for someone doing their best to pickup their car. Are you kidding?! The disdain shown toward the customer here is astounding.

Reactions: rtvanda
This behaviour from Tesla. After stringing us along for months and months, such limited flexibility is given for someone doing their best to pickup their car. Are you kidding?! The disdain shown toward the customer here is astounding.
Completely agree. Especially if the customer has paid in full. I haven't experienced the scenario in person so it's based on second hand partial info. But if it's even partly true it's far from ok.

I agree with your assessment of the situation and the rigidity.

However putting opinions aside, to be clear where everyone stands the Order Agreement states:

"Delivery. We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree
to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that /me is of the essence and if you do not respond
to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."

Reactions: slknv
Day 259...

So:
I have had no contact from Tesla since I received my VIN last month.
VIN searches on the RAV website and QLD rego app are still not returning any hits.

However:
My SA phoned today and asked whether I had recemtly received an SMS from Tesla. (last one I had received was the 'welcome' text in December)
Apparently my car is arriving in Brisbane this week!!
Arranged pickup for next Tuesday over the phone and app reflected the change a few minutes later. 🙏

🎵"I've been patient, heaven knows" 🎵

I agree with your assessment of the situation and the rigidity.

However putting opinions aside, to be clear where everyone stands the Order Agreement states:

"Delivery. We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree
to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date. You agree that /me is of the essence and if you do not respond
to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."
Yes it is all about Tesla and no care for the customer, then you forgo the deposit.

The blue one is mine! All of you can keep your hands of it!
This is my first and only warning! 😉😂🤣