Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We now have confirmation that the Model 3 production rate is sustainably about 1000 per day in Shanghai, when their last month result say they sold over 30 000 in the month...

Reactions: SpicySol
There’s a YouTube explainer for home charging from “Not a car guy” that could help

I only came across “Not a car guy” recently, I think he was mentioned in a previous comment on this thread. I like his video style!
Thanks for that. Can someone confirm if Feb ordered Model 3s still arrive with the 240v wall connector.

(No Vin, 26/2, rwd, white, black, ADL)

Reactions: Bigwillistyle
How do you guys have Sales Agents? How do you get one and what do they do? Aren't all Tesla's just ordered online???
I agree with your questions? however, the guys at the Brisbane store in Fort Vall are particularly nice and really keen to help, and Brisbane being smaller they probably know they are gonna run into some of these people at Coles on Sunday, so why not keep them happy with a simple text or phone call. Special Shout to Alex in the Brisbane store.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Bit worried about the delivery date range now (3-17.12) as i am going overseas on the 14.12 was advised yesterday if i can’t pickup the car within 7 days of advised delivery date my order would be cancelled. 😳 hopefully it won’t come to that, but from what i have read here deliveries tend to be on the tail end of the date range..
What a crazy situation we are all in... Christmas was never something I remotely expected to have to factor in for deliver of a vehicle ordered 5/3!!

Thanks for that. Can someone confirm if Feb ordered Model 3s still arrive with the 240v wall connector.

(No Vin, 26/2, rwd, white, black, ADL)
There was a discussion back in August about from what point the 240v UMC's would no longer be included with the car.
Seeing that you ordered in Jan you will get a UMC, I have it in writing from my SA and I ordered in Feb. They only started removing the UMC from orders around June
So yeah, back then the understanding was they would be removed from June orders onwards. Perhaps someone else who recently received an order can confirm if that holds true now. I will be able to confirm when my order arrives in the coming 3-4 weeks.

Bit worried about the delivery date range now (3-17.12) as i am going overseas on the 14.12 was advised yesterday if i can’t pickup the car within 7 days of advised delivery date my order would be cancelled. 😳 hopefully it won’t come to that, but from what i have read here deliveries tend to be on the tail end of the date range..
This is the situation I now face. After a five month delay the EDD was set for a week before I go overseas. I flagged that to my SA, who was predictably of no help.
But now the EDD has been pushed to when I’m away because it’s taken four weeks for Tesla to move the car from Port Kembla to Sydney.
I’ve asked for delivery to be pushed till I return (within 7 days) and won’t hesitate to push another 7 days if my plans change. If they burden us with creeping delays, they can expect the same in return.

Reactions: ecatt
This is the situation I now face. After a five month delay the EDD was set for a week before I go overseas. I flagged that to my SA, who was predictably of no help.
But now the EDD has been pushed to when I’m away because it’s taken four weeks for Tesla to move the car from Port Kembla to Sydney.
I’ve asked for delivery to be pushed till I return (within 7 days) and won’t hesitate to push another 7 days if my plans change. If they burden us with creeping delays, they can expect the same in return.
The EDD ranges are often incorrect.

If your car was stuck at Port Kembla recently , the ship did not pass quarantine inspection and was bug infested. The cars were not released.

Given there are not many deliveries at the moment they may be a little bit more flexible than normal. Otherwise, they will ask if someone else can collect the car.

EDD are often wrong and being as far away as your range is there will likely be delays. The go to position for Tesla in the event of absence is to request someone else pick up the car.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Love this, Tesla gives 0 visibility on delivery date until like a month out and expects you to change all of your plans and cancel trips to pick a car up in their time. What an absolute joke of a process.

I wonder whether the refresh addiction continues after getting the car... Refreshing for software updates 😂
Checking for updates in the car used to be a thing but with the recent software versions it does not actually check more than once a day, so you can tap the button but the last checked date stays on the previous day until it does the current day one and will not budge until next day.

So pretty sure back in May, possibly even April (I didn't order until June), the estimated delivery date on new orders was Feb-May 2023.

I just had a look online and if ordering today as a new order, the estimated delivery date is still Feb-May. I would have expected this to change to June-Sept by now. Does that mean new orders are drying up?

So pretty sure back in May, possibly even April (I didn't order until June), the estimated delivery date on new orders was Feb-May 2023.

I just had a look online and if ordering today as a new order, the estimated delivery date is still Feb-May. I would have expected this to change to June-Sept by now. Does that mean new orders are drying up?
I would've thought the same. Maybe it's less orders and other brands coming into the market too.

One thing I'm curious on is delivery timeframes. I ordered 23/09 fully expecting a May delivery, but the longer that the EDD stays at Feb-May, is there a bigger chance it's coming earlier?

Possibly although they seem to be selling a lot of Ys.
most from Q1 have had 1 or 2 EDD dates that have passed and not been filled, so maybe Tesla are loading up a Feb-May M3 Conga Line where the more recent orders wait until filled like we from Q1 are?
hopefully you are at the front of it 🤞