Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 269 days of waiting, I picked up the car today 😊

Caught two trains and a bus, but was really easy to get there.

Got there a bit early and had to wait ~10 minutes, and then it was really quick.

The guy went over the basics, helped set things up & we drove off.
Single pedal driving is wild, very responsive / sensitive, felt like an L plater bunny hopping at times, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

It gets up to the speed limit so quickly (and over!) that it is almost too quick to enjoy 😄

I’ll need to find a quiet road to test it out on!

We got our UMC (thankfully, it is our main charging setup), testing the charge now. Plugged in to a 15 amp socket, but it is capped at 12 amps.

Anyway, I want to say thanks to you all for keeping me a bit saner during this long wait, and giving me something else to refresh could constantly I’m the mean time.

To those waiting, I hope you get yours soon, once you do, you quickly forget about the long wait😁

Oh, and ours is called Lapis, as in Lapis Lazuli, we are big on Minecraft here!

Attachments

• F32A1754-4BDA-4BD2-AA4E-316CD1678EFE.jpeg
    F32A1754-4BDA-4BD2-AA4E-316CD1678EFE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 67
Congrats to those who've recently picked up their cars.

Please update the spreadsheet with your info if you're happy to have it public, so those who are still here in the waiting room can use your info as a data point.

Link to the submission form: Microsoft Forms
Link to the spreadsheet: Tesla Australia Delivery Tracker.xlsx

Side note - is there anyone who would like to take over managing the form and spreadsheet? It's built on Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Forms, and Microsoft Power Automate. Pretty simple stuff for someone with a logical / programmers mind.

Cheers.

Took a little while for mine to kick in after delivery.
From various other threads.
1. You need a firmware update that takes you off delivery firmware - eg. To 2022.44.4. (importantly the 2nd week numeric '44' is even, delivery firmwares are an odd number)
2. You allow the car to complete a charge (easiest way is to set it to a 1% or 2% above current) and then let the car sit while plugged in for a while.
3. Next time you plug in you should get full 10/15A. If not try again.

Last edited:
1. You need a firmware update that takes you off delivery firmware - eg. To 2022.44.4. (importantly the 2nd week numeric '44' is even, delivery firmwares are an odd number)
2. You allow the car to complete a charge (easiest way is to set it to a 1% or 2% above current) and then let the car sit while plugged in for a while.
Amazing, thank you both!
It will get a full charge tonight, I'll see how it goes and report back :)

After 269 days of waiting, I picked up the car today 😊

Caught two trains and a bus, but was really easy to get there.

Got there a bit early and had to wait ~10 minutes, and then it was really quick.

The guy went over the basics, helped set things up & we drove off.
Single pedal driving is wild, very responsive / sensitive, felt like an L plater bunny hopping at times, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

It gets up to the speed limit so quickly (and over!) that it is almost too quick to enjoy 😄

I’ll need to find a quiet road to test it out on!

We got our UMC (thankfully, it is our main charging setup), testing the charge now. Plugged in to a 15 amp socket, but it is capped at 12 amps.

Anyway, I want to say thanks to you all for keeping me a bit saner during this long wait, and giving me something else to refresh could constantly I’m the mean time.

To those waiting, I hope you get yours soon, once you do, you quickly forget about the long wait😁

Oh, and ours is called Lapis, as in Lapis Lazuli, we are big on Minecraft here!
It's nice to see a fellow Feb 14 order has been honoured. Meanwhile I still have a TBD. Happy for you

So I found a DC charger near by (50k shared) and got the car to 50%. Then went home and used the UMC set to 1% more, and when it finished it bumped up to 15 amp 🎉

Thanks again for the advice.