Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ADR here may be a hurdle
1674702483692.png

Elon confirmed HW4 incoming, starting with Cybertruck this year.
HW4 better than HW3.
No retrofitting.
“HW3 won't be as good as HW4 but will still be able to achieve autonomy and be significantly safer than human driving.
Retrofitting HW3 to HW4 wouldn't be economically feasible.”
But when will Model Ys ship with HW4? Seems like its still a distance off. Maybe luck to ship this year. I guess this means that the currently shipping Model Ys to Australia will be HW3.

But when will Model Ys ship with HW4? Seems like its still a distance off. Maybe luck to ship this year. I guess this means that the currently shipping Model Ys to Australia will be HW3.
HW4 has not even been finalised, of course no model Ys are carrying it. If cybertruck is the first platform with HW4 and it won’t be in volume production until 2024, I don’t see any carry over to 3s or Ys until after that.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Carsales instant offer being 12% higher?
Yes correct.

Any other good places to sell a used car with an offer system?
One of my friend used carbuyers (https://thecarbuyers.com.au/), they operated out of Bankstown, NSW. I'm unsure where you are, as your profile only says Australia.
According to her, the offer she had was slightly better than carsales - her experience was pretty good, the bloke came out to inspect - money into her account later that day and he came back next day and drove away. YMMV, of course.

i'm weighing up the time investment and effort.
This is a major decision for us, between time I spent in and out meetings - I just can't entertain calls, questions from potential buyers (and potential tyrekickers). Also, I remember another friend of us used carsales instant offer only for the dealer to come out and knock a couple of grand off the initial offer too so something to consider there.

Reactions: ooky2
So no HW4, a little disappointing if you are like me, you like getting latest toys to play with.

But, lets face it, cars with good motorway auto cruise control like volvos and telsa and mercs have...on long trips, you have 90% work done for you.

I am miles off needing FSD and if i did have it, I wouldn't use it really, since I am sitting there doing nothing...I'd rather be doing something, driving.

FSD could be safer than me, only advantage.

I am waiting on my Model Y, and my concern over the purchase is more to do with 1) charting angst since I am going to need to charge outside of home as no garage and 2) the lifetime of the batteries...and if the car is worth anything in 8 years...

The USS, the sensors that go beep when parking, are 100% essential for me, I use them all the time. I have read all aussie cars have them..and they were only removed for specific regions. Can someone who just took delivery confirm?

Bringing in new HD radar, what point? if you have HW3, I doubt it will be much benefit. May as well buy a car with HW4 when available.

But if you have no USS then HD radar would be a benefit, assuming it helps parking again.

Tesla just notified me of my trade in value. Once I accepted it the hidden VIN was immediately visible.

Tried searching on molace.com and no booking found for the entered VIN so no idea which ship its on if on any already.

VIN decoder indicates its a 2023 built.

First day order, 10:38am, MYP, white, black interior, with trade in.

Last edited:
So no HW4, a little disappointing if you are like me, you like getting latest toys to play with.

But, lets face it, cars with good motorway auto cruise control like volvos and telsa and mercs have...on long trips, you have 90% work done for you.

I am miles off needing FSD and if i did have it, I wouldn't use it really, since I am sitting there doing nothing...I'd rather be doing something, driving.

FSD could be safer than me, only advantage.

I am waiting on my Model Y, and my concern over the purchase is more to do with 1) charting angst since I am going to need to charge outside of home as no garage and 2) the lifetime of the batteries...and if the car is worth anything in 8 years...

The USS, the sensors that go beep when parking, are 100% essential for me, I use them all the time. I have read all aussie cars have them..and they were only removed for specific regions. Can someone who just took delivery confirm?

Bringing in new HD radar, what point? if you have HW3, I doubt it will be much benefit. May as well buy a car with HW4 when available.

But if you have no USS then HD radar would be a benefit, assuming it helps parking again.

Yes I was hoping HW4 was imminent but thats not the case it seems. Also no big price drops for Australia so I feel like I am paying too much for the car.
Honestly mate, unless you live in the US and took delivery just before the price drops, why complain? Australia had better prices than the US until they made the strategic decision to undercut competition. This has nothing to do with us. The car is worth what you’ll pay and in the 5+ years you’ll keep it there’s so much room for price cuts and increases that it’s not going to matter in the end.