Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I have a difficult choice to make

MY LR
Pros
Better range
Charging on the road, many times better
Nice acceleration
AWD
No FBT
Cons
Pretty basic car
Looks; bearable.
Teslavision (scared)
With so many selling, resale value?

iX3
Pros
A rproper car with a decent look
All the bells and whistles
The radar can see through the rain
6 Year service included
Cons
RWD
Range and charging, a biggie
Boot space
FBT

I have to make up my mind in the end, but any input will be most appreciated
Now this is an opinion from someone that hasn't taken delivery yet. For 35 years we have owned 'so called' luxury vehicles (Mercedes Benz, BMW etc) and I have to say I'm more excited about our MYLR than any vehicle we've ever bought. Our previous vehicles seem to me to be just that... another vehicle. For some reason, Tesla seems to have some sort of 'mystique' about them. It seems to me to be more of a very large mobile computer, an absolute joy for anyone with a love of technology.

When I first drove our friend's MYRWD, I was amazed at how it felt, quiet, smooth, powerful, responsive etc. I loved it. My wife is a bit of a Luddite so I was concerned about how she would go but after test driving in Brisbane, she loved it too. From my perspective, the MY is the sweet spot of EV's and a fabulous overall package. Spacious, comfortable, zero emissions, efficient, safe, regular OTA improvements with performance to match far more expensive ICE vehicles.

Just sayin'

PS: Just hope that our MYLR meets our expectations when we collect on Wednesday LOL.

Last edited:
Now this is an opinion from someone that hasn't taken delivery yet. For 35 years we have owned 'so called' luxury vehicles (Mercedes Benz, BMW etc) and I have to say I'm more excited about our MYLR than any vehicle we've ever bought. Our previous vehicles seem to me to be just that... another vehicle. For some reason, Tesla seems to have some sort of 'mystique' about them. It seems to me to be more of a very large mobile computer, an absolute joy for anyone with a love of technology.

When I first drove our friend's MYRWD, I was amazed at how it felt, quiet, smooth, powerful, responsive etc. I loved it. My wife is a bit of a Luddite so I was concerned about how she would go but after test driving in Brisbane, she loved it too. From my perspective, the MY is the sweet spot of EV's and a fabulous overall package. Spacious, comfortable, zero emissions, efficient, safe, regular OTA improvements with performance to match far more expensive ICE vehicles.

Just sayin'

PS: Just hope that our MYLR meets our expectations when we collect on Wednesday LOL.
The regular OTA updates are rarely improvements. They are generally fixing mistakes from the last mistake fixing update

The same app that you used to check in during the Covid 19 crisis has been expanded to include your car registration and Vaccination status etc. if you have deleted the app you can also go to the Service NSW website.
Thanks. I have logged on and can see my existing car (registered in my name), DL, etc. But my Tesla will be registered in my Company's name, so how do I check the VIN. Do I need a Company login?

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, EDD Jul 6-27, SYD